Reviews for I Have a Muslim Friend
nishat chapter 1 . 1/11/2012
hello, i just want to say i found this very beautiful. You sure have a way with words. By the way, i am a muslim girl too! But i don't live in the States. I am an Indian. Most of my friends belong to different religions. But i have never ever been treated "that way" by anyone uptill now. I really hope that people who think of muslims as a piece of shit will read this 'cause it will be an eyeopener to them. (I hope so) "
Cheezel42 chapter 1 . 2/26/2011
Thank you so much for writing this. I'm Muslim too, and you have no idea how good it feels to read this. Thanks again!
M.d chapter 1 . 5/12/2010
lol i go a week without showering too somtimes XD so disgusting but i hate showering ;-; so cold..so..creapy..but meh i have to..kinda disgusting
zen chapter 1 . 4/7/2009
We need more people like you in this world :D
Sendo1920 chapter 1 . 9/30/2007
I really liked it, nice job. Write on!
dreamforever101 chapter 1 . 2/2/2007
you totally hit the spot where you said;

_

She seems completely unaware that she is “different” from me. I know she’s aware, but she acts like she isn’t.

The scarves are really the only thing different about her clothing. She dresses like my other classmates, has the same Invader Zim patches and Spongebob Squarepants key rings on her schoolbag as they do. She listens to the same music and laughs at the same jokes.

But “she isn’t one of us”.

_

It seems that there will always be that mysterious and lonely aura around them no matter how hard muslims (girls especially) try to fit in. its like they fit in... but they dont.

At least thats how I feel...and Im not even "foreign"! I've lived in North America my Whole life! And I know not any other place in which i could live...
Eliazia B.K chapter 1 . 4/13/2005
I'm a muslim and i'm glad that there are good people in this...world
Love iz cruel chapter 1 . 3/19/2005
beautiful, i mean it...u are so open minded
Rach chapter 1 . 9/18/2004
HI!. it is a breath of fresh air to hear something NOT say anything stupid about muslims. I don't do PE for personal reasons so when this Muslim girl fasts we'll talk about different things like religon or stories about our families and things like that.
good work keep it up
see ya
Queen of dawn chapter 1 . 8/11/2004
That is so sweet! i don't understand why poeple get discriminated. decades ago it was the black people now its muslims. what is the world turning into?
ico chapter 1 . 3/26/2004
Thank you for writing this. I'm a Muslim too, and it's hurting to hear what the people said. Islam always taugh us peace. You can find bad people and good people every where. It's not religion that makes us good or bad.
Thanks for writing this again. reading from people like you writing this way makes me think: The world is still a good place to live in.
safeya chapter 1 . 2/23/2004
I am a Muslim girl who also wears a scarf. I found your writing very touching-it's nice to see that there are still many people out there who don't just blindly follow what they see or hear on television. Thank you for posting this.
Retlor chapter 1 . 8/5/2003
I also know a Muslim (albeit one who actually lives in Jordan so I can only talk to him online) and he is not evil. Its human nature to want to blame the smaller group of people because one of them did something wrong. One of my friends at school is a German and she CONSTANTLY gets stick at school about the Hitler and his cronies. How fucking crapped up can you gte (sorry but this is a topic that makes my blood boil) Incidently, although Hitler was evil I do admire what he did for Germany in the 1933-37 period (the rebuilding and all that) dont kill me for saying that.
Someone Out There Cares chapter 1 . 5/11/2003
that was really good. this is so true. this happens to me all the time(i'm muslim) and i think u wrote about it perfectly.
James Jago chapter 1 . 3/27/2003
Well said; your point would be true even pre 9/11. I see this kind of thing a lot, hearing highly offensive jokes from people who look at me like I'm insane when I tell them what they're saying. Immigrants, Jews, homosexuals... you name them, I know someone who hates them.

Sorry, this is one of my personal favourite rant topics!