Reviews for Her Belly
Nanners chapter 1 . 1/14/2005
That is so cool! I really hate societies obsession with skinny. Skinny people aren't nearly as nice to hug as normal people (but I still love skinny people...)
eve chapter 1 . 11/18/2004
great great poem
kit feral chapter 1 . 8/11/2004
Wa! That's *sniff* so *sniff* beautiful!
an ebony flame chapter 1 . 6/26/2004
I can find no fault with this poem. Great work.
Edward Brokenpipe chapter 1 . 2/10/2004
Now thats the way it should be said. I detest self hate cycles and really the little things like that can help so much.
I think however that this peice in particular isn't quite the ode to belly.
It is more of a comforting peice about those who reject that part of their body than an appreciative look at such a vital area of the body.
Overall it's a very nice peice, but the summary doesn't portray it properly.
FamousOneLiners chapter 1 . 12/13/2003
I really do think this beautiful
and im one of those dorks who reads the bios, and it's really great of you to help others with the straight/gay alliance, thats admirable, specially for a guy to be so sensitive, very cool
_
love the poem!
Daughter Of Liberty chapter 1 . 12/13/2003
oh my gosh! why do i love your stuff so much? i really really really love this poem. It makes me want to show off my tummy. _ Only if it wasn't so cold in NYC right now...
Dead Darling chapter 1 . 9/14/2003
Dear Goddess, I love this poem.

All snuggly and warm with the tummy rubs.

Personally, I prefer the more, uh, rubenesque girls.
libras chapter 1 . 9/10/2003
Great, I love this. Im actually sick of girls with supertight abs on MTV, so its nice to see something positive about this 'cuz to me a little belly and a hip size abit larger than the bust is actually my standard of beauty.
Seras Nova chapter 1 . 9/7/2003
Hm...that was cute. Nice work.

KEEP WRITING

-Seras
AntiPleasure chapter 1 . 8/23/2003
Aw wow so beautiful hehe I love my girl's belly it's so soft to lay on.. you got the words right in this poem it's absolutely magical. You're a brilliant writer my dear!

*Jenna*
Lady Ysalen chapter 1 . 8/17/2003
This story makes me sad because I'm the exact opposite. I've had random women stop me on the street to tell me that I would look just fine if I wasn't anorexic and that I should really consider getting help. I love those random women and I would like to take some of them home with me so that they could cook me food and I wouldn't have to cook any for myself, but the point of the story is that I'm not anorexic. Back to the review: it really deals with some of the problems that people face every day. I know that being a little overweight is sometimes something that a girl cannot help, and I think that this poem shows (accurately) that people are loved despite what they look like. If anyone has ever had any trouble finding someone to love them, the first thing that they pick apart is their looks. However, if you look really closely you'll see that it's the women who aren't supermodels who have the successful business men and can sit at home all day rather than work. I think a lot of people overlook that in their struggle to fit in with the 'now.' Dear my, I have a propensity for writing long reviews on your stories! They actually make me think! Sorry...
Soul Flame chapter 1 . 5/19/2003
Awe! It's sad and beautiful at the same time. This is truly a wonderful poem. I love how you deal with the issues of insecurity and self loathing that so many girls face. I keep trying to figure out how to help so many girls with this problem, and I really like how your poem has done just that. :)