Reviews for Icarus Sun
Narq chapter 1 . 11/8/2008
This was beautiful! and by the way, your profile was really amusing :P

Narq.
Guest chapter 1 . 6/29/2006
how utterly pathetic

please stop writing
Made in U.S.A chapter 1 . 4/26/2004
I read it twice and I think that this is one of the best poems at fictionpress. Well I don;t know what else to say I suck at giving reviews .
Kelpylion chapter 1 . 4/25/2004
well...*drums fingernails...* I don't think I have anything to say that 57 reviews haven't said already.
A little bit bitter and sadistic, but it contained some interesting ideas.
Kyriakos Theotokopoulos not signed in chapter 1 . 3/10/2004
Re-reading it... Still loving it...
It's almost AFI-esque...
Booser chapter 1 . 3/8/2004
Why. . . Hello, Icarus. i remember the. . . flame you sent a year ago at my other acount. Cheers to ya, Belle! glad you came too. same with Justin.
I write better poetry now. if you want to flame after my critism, go ahead, it'll be used to singe all the hairs on your head off, and make you look like a freak.
Quite a few lines were forced, and some didn't even fit into the idea of the poem when i found out what it meant. the "your" near the end should be be spelt "you're", i'm surprised you made that sort of error when you requested for reviews without any grammar and spelling errors.
*yawns* overall, boring. half of the poem doesn't make sense. I feel so sleepy after reading that.
and if you review one of my poems, review my latest "I Never Knew". that the best one i've come up with for a while. and it was a school project.
I've got a challenge for you too.
use all these words in a freestyle poem(you must no what that is, your majesty):
-Sarcophagus( i hope that was spelt close to right)
-Sayonce
-dreamtime
-Black Unicorn
-yucalyptus
-blood rains from the sky
-procurer
-True power
-shrimp
-pegasus
just to make it the more harder *smiles sweetly*
meet you at the stairs seperating heaven from hell,
(used to be) TheLostPrincess2002.
Sylph from previous review chapter 1 . 2/26/2004
I'm so sorry for double posting but fictionpress mucked up or something and has only shown part of my review. What I wanted to say though that even though I thought part of it could've needed less-tell-more-show I think it's only because of your rhyming scheme. At some parts it sounded really forced; not because the meter wasn't right but because some lines had little or no connection with the previous ones, giving your poem a fragmented effect. This is a pity because your word choice and imagery are really good (though in a poem like this you might want to stick to masculine rhymes).
Misanthropic Sylph chapter 1 . 2/25/2004
" Show, don't tell"
_
Agathy chapter 1 . 2/9/2004
For a poem done on a challenge, this is quite good. I came here through one of your critical reviews of a certain poem...and honestly, though you sound overwhelmingly bitter (I'm bitter myself, so I don't mean it as an insult), I do wish I could dole out as many appropriate criticisms as you do. Anyway, I don't upload poetry on my account, so you'll only have stories to criticize, if you decide to check out my work.
cheshirecatds chapter 1 . 1/24/2004
Good for something that you were told/challenged to write. I think.
Best part would have to be the first two lines of the second stanza.
blackholewriter989 chapter 1 . 12/26/2003
I like it. It has very good structure. Anyway, since it seems you are a very bitter person I guess I'd like it if you reviewed some of my stuff because the poems are possibly as bitter as you. But I warn you, do not read 'Depressed About You' it is extremely crappy. (and I am sick of everyone telling me the same old crap, even though I am thankful for their reviews. So great job! (Not that you give a damn anyway right?)
prodito chapter 1 . 10/12/2003
Really like the poem, it has a nice feel to it. I'd describe it better but my vocabulary is slowly decreasing...

prodito
Shadafakup chapter 1 . 10/3/2003
Hmm, I kinda looked through the first page of reviews before I gave up.. Mostly they seem to be screaming at you to not give flames.. I don't know what exactly you give, but I think criticism is good.. Don't know if its just ppl who don't know how to place reviews under the proper labels..

Anyway, that is out of the point.. Well, the poem was pretty intriguing, interesting and at points simply beautiful..

Though I can't say I got the point of the piece.. You seem to be stringing random thoughts together and the poem does not seem unified in areas.. Oh yeah, the middle 3 stanzas I could see the link, otherwise, you either skivved past the point, or the point of you writing the piece was to fit in all the words..

Interestin imagery though.. "fragile glass heart", "vanished with the morning dew" "grin like a butterfly", those were some well thought out lines in my opinion.. Did i mention, butterflies don't cry..

The rhyming in areas helped to balance the piece but aside from that, there are one or two parts where it was forced and sounded rather harsh..

For the last line it should be "you are" or "you're" instead of "your".. You could check on your grammer before posting really.. Especially since you requested 'proper puncutation, capitalization and spelling.'

Uh, no it doesn't suck, I agree, but it certainly has room for improvement..

Good job all the same..

Do write more..

~Shadafakup

P.s. Ironic don't you think, that you do not 'write' but you are famous for 'horrendous' reviews..

Lol, and about your bio, you said "Depending on who you are, I either hate you, don't know you exist, or think you are the greatest thing since since the word 'bug." followed by "I also lie complusively" so am I greatest thing since god or what.. Hah..
Icarus evolved chapter 1 . 10/2/2003
I rather liked it.

v. nice.
Belle the Shadow-Cat chapter 1 . 9/19/2003
Icarus sun,

I came here to review your poem , which i was recommended to check it out, although for different reasons then you might expect.

First off, i hold no prejudice against your poem, so i will do this fairly.

your poem is very good, the whole rhyming scheme is very well done, and i can how much work you but into it. And i actually understand (at least i think) the whole Icarus Sun thing.

However, I must say a few things.

I have personally read some of the reviews you gave to a few writers of mine. Flaming does no one good, your just crushing the hopes and dreams of that writer, which is wrong. If you must do so, use CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISEM. Don't bring them down in a ball of flames. I'm sure YOU don't like it.

And, if you want to know, my friend has not been brought down by your meaningless flames. She has risen again like a phoenix from the ashes. And i must say, i read your bio, you sound like a very self centered person, please, don't flame others writing.

I sincerly hope you'll change your ways, and I HOPE YOU DO check out my story, whether you flame or not. If you do, review a Simple Twist of Fate. I hope it suits your high standards.

-Belle the Shadow-cat