Reviews for Of Mormons and Green JellO
MichaeltheOne chapter 1 . 5/21/2014
I don't get the green jello either.

- a Mormon.
MissieMaroo chapter 1 . 10/6/2013
Hehe, I'm familiar with the USU Jell-o Slide. Made the mistake of wearing white shorts. They were stained green permanently. Now, they're kind of a blotchy mint color. But I can confirm it; there is a lot of Green Jell-o among us Mormons. Not so much in my ward, but still a lot. And thanks for the laugh. I had to miss General Conference yesterday for a Marching Band competition and I was feeling a little down. Keep writing funny stuff like this, PLEASE. :)
Hawthorn Tree chapter 1 . 11/12/2012
Oh my goodness, I think you might be my favorite person ever! There is a lot of green Jell-O floating around here, isn't there? My family has it every Thanksgiving, right along with out rolls. You just made my day, I'm not even kidding you.
hikaxkao chapter 1 . 8/6/2010
This made me giggle. Up here in Northern Ontario, we don' t obsess over green jello as much, but I still see your point.
Le Cosmonaute chapter 1 . 10/3/2009
I'm not a Mormon and I don't live in Utah, so I didn't know about this phenomenon until recently. I'm visiting right now, and everywhere I go, I see inordinate amounts of green Jell-O! I now see that it is, of course, the food of the chosen people as they crossed the country into Utah. *nods sagely* Great piece!
LiberLeaderLady chapter 1 . 7/7/2009
That is awesome! Best theory for the Mormon adoration of green jello I've ever heard!

But you forgot Jello-Cake! If, by some odd universe-rending phenomena you aren't familiar with this Mormon staple-food, let me expound:

To make Jello-Cake you bake a vanilla cake, and wait until it cools. Then, you make up a packet of green jello. Poor the boiling mixture over the vanilla cake, and stick the pan in the fridge till the jello's become, well, jello-like.

This concoction was rampant in my Stake when I lived in North Ogden, Utah (almost rivaling funeral potatoes, if you can believe it). It's not so popular here in Riverdale, I've only seen one pan of it during all three years of living here, but in Roy and Hooper, some neighboring cities, it's still enjoying popularity.

Can't say I agree with the jello-lovers, but hey, life goes on.
Oboe Jenkins chapter 1 . 6/12/2009
Laugh out loud. I never say that because i think that it is a lie but really i did. I love this. Thank you it is so. true. We even talked about it in seminary. Oh dearie that was quite fun.
Mr.M7 chapter 1 . 4/8/2006
I know why us mormons love green Jell-o!Because it reminds us of our true lizard , my uncle thinks we're lizard people, just leave it at that.
mormonboy chapter 1 . 4/26/2005
Mormons in Kansas are obssessed with Jello too. Keep up the good work.
Sing With The Elevator Music chapter 1 . 12/9/2004
oh my heck thats funny thank you for solving the green jell-o mystery

-Brownie
Kyoku-chan chapter 1 . 12/9/2004
LOL...wow, THAT was probably the most entertaining thing i've read in awhile. . that was GREAT! .

Love and (Green) Jell-o,Baka M.
Damaged chapter 1 . 12/23/2003
_ Excommunicate you cuz you don't like green jell-o? OH, that's great .. that's very original I must say. And so is your theory. Just face it: Mormons like GREEN JELL-O .. there really doesn't have to be a reason ... and I doubt your Bishop will excommunicate you .. (yeah, I'm Mormon too).
Katrina
Ayameko AiKage chapter 1 . 5/10/2003
This is funny! Very interesting theory. Does this really happen in Utah or are you exaggerating to make it fiction? (I guess I wouldn't be surprised if it is nonfiction, since a lot of strange things happen on this Earth.)
justathought chapter 1 . 5/3/2003
Cute and funny. You have a real knack for storytelling. :) Looking forward to more!
LizaLiza chapter 1 . 4/12/2003
You mormonites and your jello ;D