Reviews for Jay
sweetspontaneous chapter 1 . 4/12/2003
i'm so glad someone besides me is in love with f scott fitzgerald. you've got everything there, the light and the ashes, the quest. this is great.
Amaris chapter 1 . 4/6/2003
I like this one too. Hehe, definite pattern...I like the ones that make references. I liked the Great Gatsby too, so that's probably helping as well. My favorite part was "Not even when she enteres...with death is a bit morbid." I'm still not terribly excited about your whole thing with repetition, but I like how you used repetition in this poem a lot more.
the Queen of Jupiter chapter 1 . 3/29/2003
So sad...;_;

I have nothing more to say...

Peace
grey spirit chapter 1 . 3/28/2003
My favorite part was the general area of second to last stanza. Oranges, Eckleburg, the valley of ashes... how I relish that novel. You did a lovely monologue that ties it all together. Good egg.

Grey Spirit
lemoncane chapter 1 . 3/27/2003
the amber-hued vision of

the jazz age and it'll be like

looking at the bottom of a glass

in a bar, seeing only yourself -

distorted with illusions of grandeur.

me a lika thata parta!
Obake-chan chapter 1 . 3/26/2003
I can finally see!

You should have written this when I we were reading The Great Gatsby... Don't I live in a world of 'me'...

I thought the second stanza was the best. And all the references back to the book(that's about all the stanzas, there...) Also I think it had the kinda lonely and saddish never-going-to-'succeed' kinda feel to it.

Poor James Gatz. ...Gats? Wow. I can't remember. This is not good.
Rose of Dresden chapter 1 . 3/24/2003
O! I love this soo much because Jay Gatsby is one of my favorite literary characters and this is such a god poem! The end is great. The valley of the ashes...it's all so perfectly Fitzgerald and everything! I love this!