Reviews for Dance
Whisper to the Water chapter 1 . 8/27/2003
Nice. Stylistically tight, no major typos, neat flow. Is this your story?

Oh yeah...feis is NOT like fish. More like "fesh." There are about six different pronunciations people have tried to sneak past me, including "face", "fice," "fees," and others...
Naamela chapter 1 . 6/18/2003
I really liked this! - I don't Irish dance, but this story made me wish I did. (Is it hard to learn?)

The French stuff seemed a little out of place, but it tied in with the "because I can" thing, so I'm not sure if that's good or bad. The last vignette was my favorite.

All in all-gle mhath! (Yeah, I know, that's Scots Gaelic, not Irish, but I don't speak Irish. Except now I know one word: feis!) ~~Scotia Li
oSsLeR chapter 1 . 5/28/2003
OMG...this gave me the chills! I cant imagine the excitement or nervousness that you would feel...it gave me the chills...
Werecat99 chapter 1 . 5/7/2003
Although I don't really like dancing, I'm a sucker for Riverdance and anything Irish. And, naturally, I loved this. And now I have to go and dig out my CDs...
amyjames chapter 1 . 5/3/2003
I like dance -it's a strange blend of complete creativity and sticking to the rules. Kind of like writing in a way.

I also liked your story, the ways that the three pieces interlinked, what it told the reader about the author without actually saying it explicitly.

On the other hand (not being mean, honestly!) I thought the last section was a little confusing in comparison to the other two, although I do like the whole stream of consciousness thing.

I hope that you write more pieces like this. Thank you.
ShadowGal chapter 1 . 4/10/2003
Nice chapter. Short and sweet, plus I have a great love of Irish dancing. Watching it, not dancing myself... My aunt is a 2-time World Champion of Irish dancing, wanted to teach me when I was younger, but then she moved away. So,there went that... Plus, as I play the sax myself, I have a weak spot for that too. Thus I could relate to this. Nice! (Sorry if I babbled, I only got 2 hours of sleep, and I'm honestly trying to be constructive)
Moonwinges chapter 1 . 4/2/2003
Hmm, I don't like dancing, but I liked this. It was beautifully written. I like the line: "Because I'm feeling French, and I can." LOL, so true! This story really showed off your writing skill in something that's not fantasy. For some reason, I think you write best in first person POV. _
Carter Tachikawa chapter 1 . 3/25/2003
Nice little group of vignettes you have here. I'm curious, will there be more? Anyway, keep writing. Great stuff.~CT
Kwiztina16 chapter 1 . 3/24/2003
hey, this is great. your a really good writer! can i get your opinion on the story called 'trapped' by my friend 'puppy-luv'. i really think its a great story, but so far onlt like , two people have reviewed!(i reviewed like 10 times) she feels really bad about it too... so it'd be great if you reviewed your thoughts and stuff to her.

thx again,