Reviews for G&E
sweetspontaneous chapter 1 . 4/12/2003
i know this feeling, and the polar opposite. would it be okay if next time i reviewed something i just typed in some sort of random incoherent babble (if that's not already what this is...) so you would know i think you're just absolutely the coolest person ever? that was too good for words
Amaris chapter 1 . 4/6/2003
This is a nice change from your usual poetry. I liked it quite a lot. I dunno...my saying this probably holds no meaning, but people do care. And...perhaps in a lot of cases it's all superficial, but there really are people out there that honestly care. I think it's nice to be able to express yourself so openly on paper... I wish I could...but I don't think I'd ever let myself express my thoughts on paper, on something so concrete.
the Queen of Jupiter chapter 1 . 3/29/2003
Gorgeous. Your prose reads just as beautifully as your poetry, the images are just as vivid and wonderful. The last line was absolutely WOW. I think the last paragraph as a whole summarizes everything, all the reasons why humans write, and write so powerfully and fiercely.

Keep writing! Peace
Obake-Chan chapter 1 . 3/26/2003
Wow... Very good stuff.. And I'm not surprised.

I like how you interpreted the color pink. '...didn't have enough courage to bleed itself completely dry of color.' Good stuff.

Personally, I enjoy reading your language more than the people you listed.
aspenjerome chapter 1 . 3/25/2003

Your word choice and imagery is better suited for poetry. I've read all your poetry, and never posted, for poetry is not my...right to critique, only read.

But your prose here...

I say speak more plainly.
Gao. The Other One chapter 1 . 3/25/2003
Interesting, but hmm... it doesn't flow quite as well as it could.
Rose of Dresden chapter 1 . 3/24/2003
Oh! The last paragraph is so perfect! Ech, your prose has turned me into a pile of gushing fangirlishness...this is so lovely and I can completely identify (as corny as that sounds.) God, write more prose. DO IT NOW! lol...but I seriously do love this
peachykeen chapter 1 . 3/24/2003
this is SO good, but SO not what I expected

1st paragraph - I feel a lack of exclamation points after "do you hear?" I want to call the last sentence an oxymoron, but I know that's not the right term for it

2nd paragraph - again, I'd just like to state for the record that there will be no pink flowers at your funeral, personally, you're not too much of a flowery kind of girl, perhaps a nice bush or two of assorted shapes would be more appropriate. Everything is definitely made of stars, and in the words of Moby, "We are all made of stars, people should come together"

3rd paragraph - Tell me who's using you as a "voodoo doll" and I'll smack them, because that's not cool, yo. People would commit suicide if there was no color - it would be too depressing for them.

4th paragraph - I was doing SO well, and totally understanding all the words, up until here; define: voyeur clandestine, and melliflous; I like the personification (?) of the clock hands, it's very effective - what's the relevance of 26 shades of letters?

overall - tres bien! This is so great, you're already a great writer, and I know that you will only continue to improve with time/experience