Reviews for I now Begin to See
Mikano chapter 1 . 7/30/2006
I am not a Christian by any stretch of the imagination. I do, however, agree with your essay. Many Christians need to follow how Jesus wanted people to act.

I love how your essay is written. I don't know whether it is supposed to be short, but I just don't like how short it is. Like I said, I don't know if it's supposed to be like that, but other then that, it is amazing. I personally don't like Christians who try to force their religion or beliefs on others. It's sickening.

Thank you for writing this esay though
Frank Spade chapter 1 . 5/10/2004
While some people who call themselves Christians do say one thing and do another, you must remember not to judge them also. It's hard I know but to not judge and try to guide is the ultimate act of Christianity.
quill chapter 1 . 1/4/2004
umm excuse me but aren''t you yourself judging your fellow christians by even writing this essay claiming that they do not follow in the proper path
SilverInsanity chapter 1 . 6/17/2003
Thank you. I completely see what you mean... I have some friends who are like you described, and everyone automatically groups me and my other christian friends with them. There is a fine line between being a christian and spreading God's word and going around smashing at everyone else's beleifs.
Deana Bell chapter 3 . 6/11/2003
I agree with you.

There's just one thing that confuses me a bit. Jesus was obvioiusly not worrying about offending people when he talked with them. I'm just wondering where the line is as to where offending is wrong and where we have to be strong in our beliefs. I'm not contradicting you, it's just that, it seems to me, God has really put this on your heart, and maybe He has shown you something that I have not yet figured out. If you have any ideas I would love to hear them. You sound like a great, loving Christian and I admire that.

God bless
Deana Bell chapter 1 . 6/11/2003
I definitely know what you mean. Sometimes there is a fine line between sharing the Gospel and Bible thumping, and it's heard to discern. As you pointed out, there are people who cross the line and then run for a mile. I think more Christians should do as you do, and point out these things calmly to others. No one will listen to us with an open mind if they hate us.

God bless
Make way for Willie chapter 1 . 6/4/2003
Hey it's okay! Yeah it's true there are alot of people out there who think to highly of Christianity, and i'm one of them, but i don't hate Christians like you. You seem to me to be one of those who believe everything that the bible says, but you have an open mind and don't believe that your religion is the greatest thing to ever come to the earth. Just try to ignore those who think like the ignorant fools they are because your a Christian. I also would like to commend you on a well written essay, keep up the work and keep your faith.

With Love,

Shavonne
De Miles Justus chapter 1 . 5/25/2003
Yes, I agree, for I've learned this the hard way.

Knowledge and wisdom puff you up with pride. All these things you listed here come from having too much pride. And we all know what too much pride can lead to. Just look at Satan.

God's wisdom, however, is humbling.
PainKiller chapter 3 . 5/17/2003
I completely agree with you all the way through this essay. I was just reading it, thinking, "This is right. I believe this as well". I couldn't have put it any better.

I don't understand how people how think and believe they are Christians can go out and act just like the rest of the world. Anyway, fantastic treatise. You are so amazing at getting your point across.
Bela Lugosi chapter 1 . 5/16/2003
nice job. i agree with you.

i go to a very religious school, and i, too, very often see hypcritcal Christians going against the bible and it's teaching's in their furious attempt to get everybody to follow these teachings.

its ironic, and really quite infuriating.
Jill chapter 2 . 5/16/2003
Well, I respect your views and all, but you're being sort of dramatic. For one, Christianity is one of the most practiced religions in the world, and it's really far-fetched for you to say that everyone views them as being selfih and hypocritical. I am Christian, but that doesn't mean I walk around thinking that my religion is better than yours. And I don't like the fact that many people go and try to convert people into Christianity by force; I don't think that's right. But you must also remember, that many missionaries go and preach about God to people who have no hope, faith, or religion. And what's this about Christians treating athiests like trash? I have several friends who are athiest, and I do not give them the cold shoulder. We disagree on our beliefs, and yes, we may feel slightly uncomfortable around each other at times because of that, but I definitely don't give them the cold shoulder for it. Everyone has their views and opinions, and personally, I don't know of too many Christians who would turn their shoulder to an athiest. And for you to say that we trash-talk athiests? Well, have you heard an athiest talk about religion? If you claim that Christians talk bad about athiests, well, athiests to the exact same thing. One of my athiest friends is very opinionated and will always jump to the chance to prove religion wrong.

And yes, I know that there are some people who claim to be Christian, but most certainly don't prove to be one. But it's not really fair for you to generalize all Christians like that. For those who claim to be Christians but don't act like them, don't give them the time of day, for most likely, they only attend church because their family did. The religion of the Muslims is completely devoted to peace-but look at what has happened to the USA. Just because there have been some wrongdoing in the name of your religion doesn't mean you should generalize them all. It happens with every religion.
Free Adrenaline chapter 1 . 5/4/2003
I *almost* completely agree with you, although you've heard most of this plenty of times before. I'm a Christian (no denomination) and I think that there are so many of us who are trying to force our beliefs on others, while most of us don't act like Christians ourselves. There are so many hypocrites out there who claim to be godly and then they talk and act perverted and corrupted. God gave us free choice, and I chose, so others should be able to do the same.

However, I think that Christians who have decided their faith and are saved have the right to also stick to their beliefs. Christians, when asked, have to answer that they believe those not saved are not going to Heaven. I don't like to tell people that I think they're going to Hell, but that is my honest belief. Not to act superior, but I think a lot of people will understand if you say that is just what you believe. However, some people get very touchy about this. As much as they have a right to their belief, I have a right to my belief.

I liked how genuine you were in writing something that totally needed to be said. Thank you very much.
MyGodReigns chapter 1 . 4/23/2003
I completely agree with this! I ask some of my friends how they kow they're saved and they say things like because I got baptised and it kills me inside. Thank you so much for your review, I will be adding some new chapters to Journey soon, I hope you'll read them! God Bless You! CQ
NYQueenie chapter 1 . 4/23/2003
Unfortunatly-or fortunatly I guess-I haven't had many experiences with over-zeleous converters. I'm Catholic. I have one friend who got in a fight with her parish preists, one who goes to Church, one who gave up a while ago, and a Muslim friend. You wouldn't belive the conversations we can have! Real intresting ones. Debates about reincarnation, marriage, everything! If people would just be open to discussion, things would be great!

And as a Catholic, I think the Church has it real hard. Other Christian groups do too, but I guess it's easier if there's one face to make fun of, eh?

Also, can anyone explain to me who no one cares? Why you can make fun of Christans and nuns and Baptists and Catholics but you can't even dissagree with someone whos Jewish? And God forbid you have an argument with an aithiest! Any opinons?
Limyaael chapter 1 . 4/14/2003
Thank you!

I opened the essay hoping it would be about what it was about. I'm an atheist, but I've had Christian friends quite happily- until they decided to try and convert me. Suddenly my status altered from that of "friend" to that of "object." I've lost three different Christian friends, all from various denominations, because they couldn't accept that my beliefs ran differently than theirs.

I think Christianity has some interesting ideas, but every time I start studying it again I get pushed away by insistent evangelism. In the end, I'd have to be convinced of the existence of God before I could believe, and probably God, if there is one, is the only one who could do that.

I'm grateful to see that other Christians realize that sometimes, it's not any hostility on the part of the other person that's to blame, but their own aggression. Of course, I've seen some people be really nasty to Christians, and some Christians be perceptive as you were here. But it's almost always been the other way around.

Thank you for reminding me that some Christians are as patient, gentle, and wise as any other kind of believer or non-believer.