Reviews for They Tell Me You Have No Soul
Namir Swiftpaw chapter 1 . 11/1/2003
Beautiful work.

Animals are just as worthy to pass on to wherever any person goes after death.

Keep writing.

~Namir Swiftpaw
charlotte chapter 1 . 9/16/2003
to the personn who said that animals can't know Jesus..

How on Earth would you know? You're a human being! You can't possibly fathjom the mystery of ! Only God knows if animals have souls! Just cos they're not as intelligant us us doesn't make thme less worthy of heaven surely? and they live innocent and pleasing lives.
Alfsigesey chapter 1 . 8/3/2003
Beautiful! I'm so adding this to my favorites! And I so agree! It's always been upsetting when people try and convince me that humans are the only creatures with souls. Luckily I belong to a chruch who disagrees (I'm Mormon)- -We have always recognized that everything has a divine place in the universe, Plants, Animals, even the earth itself has a soul. Oh, I adore this poem! It's so pretty, and so sad... Heaven would be terribly empty without animals...

Luv~Ailsa
fugiguru chapter 1 . 7/7/2003
it was beautiful! but, the way you single out christians as beleiving animals are souless is really odd. why just one group of people? plenty of people who are atheists don't even believe in a soul at all, least of all that of an animal.
karmakaze chapter 1 . 7/4/2003
Very original, and good.
Kinoki chapter 1 . 6/29/2003
beautiful. I just hope you know it is not all Christians who think that. I am a christian and my cats' two different personalities is definite proof that animals have a soul! :)
Crow08 chapter 1 . 6/26/2003
A great poem with a great message. I believe that God created animals for other reasons than killing them.

Anyone that has been around animals can tell you that any type can will show love and other emotions, which the Bible defines as a soul.

It also does not clearly state that animals will not be accepted into Heaven...Keep Writing!
Magentian chapter 1 . 6/24/2003
Amen. Christians are really stupid sometimes, not seeing things that are right under their nose. _ Aw, I'd better stop reading these poems of yours, they're making me wanna convert! But it's very touching, the grasp you have on your religion- you can see it through all of your poems. Some people choose religions that are controversial just to get a rise out of people... it's clear that you, however, truly believe and love your faith, and I'm glad to say I honor and respect that. How could such a thing ever be looked on as wrong...? But enough blabbering on other topics...

This poem, in particular, is so easy to identify with... especially the last verse. I've owned cats my entire life, and I love the fact that each one has a soul of their own... from Bernice, who worships and adores me even as we fast near our 11th year of living with each other, to Baby, who is the most wild, crazy, spunky and sweet little livewire I've ever met (even when weighed against humans), and, most especially, the shy, quiet, warmhearted, pacifistic Brother. _ I don't care what anyone else says, they've got souls that shine out every moment of every day, and you captured that beauty wonderfully in this poem. Very nice.
Chattox chapter 1 . 6/23/2003
This is a positively beautiful work, but I just can't believe that "many" Christians believe that animals don't have souls. Maybe a few fundamentalists, but certainly not the majority and definitely no one I know. I'm not picking a fight or anything, and I don't know anything of your personal experience, but I really think-and hope- that you have the wrong idea there.
Heh heh chapter 1 . 6/19/2003
Silly goose! Animals don't have souls. They can't or else they would be able to believe in Christ, and go to heaven or something. And they always do what God commands them anyway unlike me or you, so why do they need saving? Nope. No souls there. You might be sincere, but you're sincerely wrong.
Runwithscythes chapter 1 . 6/9/2003
*applaudes* i like! :)
tygerofdanyte chapter 1 . 6/7/2003
TO me a soul is rather not something that is exemplified as a manifestation of all that is good or bad in ones life. It is not something that allows admittance to paradise or purgatory. But more or less a spiritual manifestation of how the person feels. That is all it is. So in that case, why can't animals have souls. Have you ever heard a dog howl one last ear-splitting howl just before it dies, after having suffered for four years. I have. And i can tell you then and there, that it had a soul.

Brenna: you were saying that animals don't have souls, for we are made after in God's image. So does that mean GOd is vindictive, cruel, and a angry person? For if in the way you say, we are the image of God, then we mirror him/her perfectly.

Now for the matter of animals not having a soul. Was it not GOd who told Noah to take two of each living creature, so it can be said GOd cherishes all that have a soul.
Joan D'Arc chapter 1 . 6/6/2003
Interesting. Ive never really thought about animals having sould before. If I had and didnt believe before, this poem might have changed my mind.
Aftertaste of a Razorblade chapter 1 . 6/3/2003
I agree. Animals DO have souls. Good poem.
Mitsunaga chapter 1 . 5/30/2003
Ah very true. Now the real question is do these souls return as people?
51 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »