Reviews for So I Cried
Reeciez chapter 1 . 7/25/2012
So. I'm sure you got plenty of 'wow's and 'good job's but I thought I should still at least say something. For memories sake.
Feel The Waltz chapter 1 . 10/19/2008
That was simply beautiful. The entire execution of this is supurb. :)
pneumothorax chapter 1 . 4/4/2005
nice - but a little over my head. wish I knew the situation.
Forever Frost chapter 1 . 1/28/2005
...wow. Excellent piece of art. Can't really express how much I love this. So excellent...just love it
littlest clouds chapter 1 . 11/4/2003
Terrific poem :) *adds you to fave authors*
ShadowGal chapter 1 . 9/29/2003
:loves you so incredibly much right now: Ohmigosh, that was awesome. I really, really, *really* liked it. I've had thoughts like this before, though not quite so poetic.

For a moment, I was going to agree with the comment saying that the "and dropped us in the lake" rhyme was reached-for... Then it hit me that this was (the way I see it, at least) a reference to the old method of baptism. And I was like, "Oh. Stupid me for taking so long to realize that." Great job!

Now, this may seem like a self-plug, and I suppose in all technicality it is, but there's an actual *reason* behind it for once. If you go look at my 'story' "Random", and go to the 18th chapter (entitled 17), you can read about one of my thoughts on Jesus. Well, mainly Jesus, but Judas seemed to be speaking up as well, and clouding my view. After reading this awesome poem of yours, I just want to see if anyone but me sees the focus is on Jesus-everyone else thinks I'm talking primarily about Judas, with Jesus hints in the background, when it's the exact opposite.

Okay, sorry for ranting, and self-plugging. I wasn't meaning to be rude.
spiderweb chapter 1 . 9/29/2003
Jesus said: "I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one can come to the Father but through me."

I say: Angelic Hooligan, you are one very confused individual. I don't know if you meant or not meant to, however, your poem if read, sounds like you're blashpheming Jesus Christ. He isn't a superstar and he did die for your sins. Then again, if it IS blashphemy you have done, I shouldn't care, right? For if it IS blashphemy, then you deserve to go to HELL. Nevertheless, I would not cease to pray for your lost soul. Remember, God gives a person only one life to get to know Jesus as his Son and as our Savior. Reject that chance, and all you'll have is luck. Which wouldn't do you any good, now would it? I believe there are no such things as luck.
Saint Anger chapter 1 . 8/18/2003
. oh.. that was lovely. gave me shivers and all. very well-written, nice imagery. brava.
Shila who's far too lazy to log in chapter 1 . 5/3/2003
Wow. Lots of powerful imagery and I love the connotations of the last stanza. Excellent piece.
target bath chapter 1 . 4/29/2003
its fabulous
Nay chapter 1 . 4/18/2003
That was...different, but it makes me my opinion its a well written poem with a theme most wouldnt write about.
trustAnti chapter 1 . 4/1/2003
Love the concept and execution. The "lake" rhyme in the first stanza jumped out as a bit.. conspicuously reached for.

Con man with kind eyes. Lovely imagery.

Second-to-last stanza is godly, and brings it all together.

"as i made wine my blood

and bread my body

and served my friends a feast"

Lovely. Have you seen Jesus Christ Superstar? The movie is acceptable if it isn't playing nearby.

That play's the only version of Judeo-Christianity I can stand.
lauren chapter 1 . 3/31/2003
that was kinda sad...beautifuly written
Sinner Heart chapter 1 . 3/29/2003