Reviews for It's a Puzzlement
JTF2-Commando chapter 1 . 5/31/2003
Ok, they're not going to find the friggin' WMD in a matter of days. Saddam is not going to put up signs that say 'chemical/bio/nuclear weapons this way' with an arrow pointing, ok. Besides, I'm sure with all the crap the U.S. went through with the UN, Saddam had time to destroy some of his weapons. And I highly doubt Bush's own gov't will impeach him, considering they all wanted a war in Iraq, except for maybe one or two who don't matter.
brianhalo3 chapter 1 . 4/24/2003
I think there is two things to notice, first that the 'official line' in terms of the justification and end goal

of the war is shifting dramatically away from finding 'WMDs' (in the history of the discourse of warfare has there ever been a more empty or vaccuous term?)

to 'liberation' (whatever that means...)

Secondly I would be hard press to be convinced by any evidence offered given that the US already was caught by the IAEA when the US

submitted to it documents that were supposed to prove the existence of an Iraqi nuclear program, which the IAEA found to be forgeries.
B. Frank chapter 1 . 3/30/2003
Dear Lord, I hope you are kiding. These are some, um, wonderfully creative and imaginative theories you have come up with here but, frankly, that's about it.

"The Iraqis gambled that if that was the most heavily promoted pretext for war, their non-use of such weapons and an invading army's failure to find them would convince the world the U.S. had made a horrific mistake. Would that happen in time to save Saddam's regime? Maybe; it was a chance worth taking."

A chance worth taking? Ya, lets risk EVERYTHING for a chance that we could prove the U.S. wrong. And we can all laugh at them from our shallow graves after the bunker-bombs have taken us out. Ya, that's a splendid idea!

I believe that Saddam is crazy but he's not a complete moron.

I highly doubt that Pres. Bush would be impeached for something like this, either. I don't think anyone is going to say, "Ha! You made a mistake trying to insure the safty of America as well as its allies. We want you out of office!" Clinton flat out lied to every man, woman and child in the US but did we impeach him? NO! And only God knows why we didn't. I doubt that the Bush administration is at any risk resembling this.

Oh, and just one more thing; I wouldn't believe everything I hear on the news if I were you. First rule of press: If it brings in listeners, air it.

Over-all nice essay. Good writing.

'Til next time:

B. Frank
JDLawrence chapter 1 . 3/29/2003
Very informative and interesting, I always thought Saddam wasn,t stupid enough to have kept everything like that. And the less that conclusive so called "evidence" the US gave to the UN inspectors completely comvinced me that there ARE no weapons of mass destruction, no chemical weapons at this time in Iraq, except perhaps those that were brought in by the US.

On another topic: you probably heard of the soldiers that were supposedly dressed as civilians? Well it appears that they might actually BE civillians that the US troops would have killed by error and they are trying to cover it up... thought you'd be interested :)

Good work, though could use some structure
hated-love chapter 1 . 3/29/2003
Wonderfully written with alot of information backing up your result. While I was reading this, I almost completely forgotten about the warheads. Hehehe. I wonder if any bush supporters are reading this?
shakespeareinlove86 chapter 1 . 3/29/2003
Very interesting and cool. If you want check out my stories The Legend of the Red Diamond and The Last Grand Duchesses of Russia!