Reviews for Billy film noir
Sara Bickley chapter 1 . 5/10/2004
Great imagery, nice incantatory rhythm. My favorite lines: "we are nowhere secret- / we are nowhere barbarous-"
ShinigamiForever chapter 1 . 4/7/2003
You have so many poems, I think I'm just going to review the ones that I like the most, and this is one of them. Kievsky already said this was a favorite line, the part about "you do not know who I am", and I love that line as well. Beautiful. As always.
Paradoxical Goddess chapter 1 . 4/7/2003
heh...heh...*lecherous laugh*
Kievsky chapter 1 . 4/6/2003
This is so quiet, understated-noirish, which I suppose is the whole point. It's like the music that plays in the background over the images of the black and white city. And your imagery is so wonderful:

"we are in a small town

of peeling diners and fire

hazards..."

and my favorite line:

"you do not

know who I am but once I stood

on stone stairsteps behind you"

because it's just so ghostly. The whole thing is exquisite, antique. The perfect film noir.
E. Gao chapter 1 . 4/2/2003
strange. could have sworn

I'd already

reviewed this

little piece of screen gem.

I don't know, maybe

I'm too depressed or something,

but this seems like utopia,

what you've described-

with the shadows eclipsing the white tablecloths

diners! dazzling seamy cities!

oh, I pine. woe.

EG
Kirney Slate chapter 1 . 4/1/2003
So many more poems to read, You've been keeping busy!

This one is wonderfully present. The conflation of the small town with the generally big-city idea of a film/photo noir student is wicked interesting. I must admit the images the of the small town were so evocative I got slightly lost in the launguage of the poem. Forgeting to think about sylables and stresses. Normally I'm able to keep my cool while reading poetry, but this one was hard to resist. "Myopic comets" and "a blackandwhite movie comes on with cloth biplanes" Goodness! beautiful imagery, I could smell it.

-kirney
the Queen of Jupiter chapter 1 . 4/1/2003
Goodness. The imagery was just gorgeous, you captured the whole black and white film noir essence perfectly. The last 5 lines were simply lovely. This was exquisite.

Keep writing! Peace
toysoldier chapter 1 . 3/31/2003
This is very photograph like almost... you can follow the images around very vividly. 'opening my eyes like myopic comets/seeing oceans for the first century' ah, beauty.

'there is no mystery underneath

the shadows in this town

they are only shadows...'

that's a PERFECT description of where I grew up. but anyways...

wonderful as always, and great title.

-T.s.