Reviews for pollen
HeartbreakersHorizon chapter 1 . 8/27/2006
I'm a first time reader. The summary is what drew me in. Hoping that it will keep me into it. (it probably will). Keep up the good work.
my-window chapter 2 . 1/14/2006
EEK! I LOVE IT! I'm going out right now so I will read and review more when I get back! Its awesome though! Cant wait to read more! And is Seth doing drugs? Cause thats what it seems like.
chara1 chapter 10 . 4/11/2005
im too lazy to sign in...to xXDanzigXx,thank you so much for your review :) and yes, those three points are very good and very true. i have smoked marijuana too, and for the most part, it wouldnt be my drug of choice, simply because i can never get high from it. so yes, i agree with your first point, that people seldom achieve any sort of high the first time they try it. however, in alice's case, the cravings and mental dilemmas are mostly psychological. because she had been so sheltered and naive (as much as not to know that her best friends had been smoking up for a long time), she has a very skewed perception of drugs. when i started writing this story i agreed with her to a certain extent thinking all drugs are bad, all drugs are addictive, all drugs ruin your life, which is simply not the case.i also know that cancer is not caused by marijuana cigarettes. you are more prone to some sort of lung defficiency if you smoke a substance, but it doesnt guarrantee anything. the reason cigarettes are so harmful is because they have over 10 toxic chemicals inside a single one. the tobacco in a cigarette is hardly what causes diseases or disfunctions. the story is from alice's point of view, even though it is written in third person. so her thoughts, opinions, feelings and knowledge are what come through to the reader... so you're getting her view of drugs, not mine. thank you again, for the review, and i hope you enjoy the rest :)

chara1
Frankly Frank chapter 11 . 4/9/2005
Good story you've got here. As a musician myself, I can relate to some of it, especially the drugs. I'm only on chapter eleven, but I'd just like to poin out a few things about weed. This might sound lame, but you should know if you're going to include drug references.

1) VERY few people ever get high off the first try.

2) Weed isn't an addictive drug, at least not in the sense of cigarettes or alcohol. It doesn't give you a physical addiction, but a mental one; it makes you want to try it again because you enjoyed it, not because your body needs it. Weed junkies don't exist.

3) Weed doesn't effect you're health too bad. In fact, it's less harmful then cigarettes. It can't give you cancer because you don't smoke that often. Even if you did it twice a day for twenty years, you wouldn't get lung cancer. You can't O.D. from weed. It doesn't damage brain cells. In fact, they're are chemicals in weed that can cure cancer, or other diseases.

Well there's my 2 cents. Keep writing. I look forward to finishing the story.
cynical chapter 1 . 3/29/2004
hey, thanks so much for your review! This story (pollen) looks great so far. I'm definitely gonna be updating feeling democritus (right now, in fact), and I hope you'll stick with reading it. Thanks again.
-cynical
Casey chapter 19 . 3/22/2004
From what I've read so far... this is BRILLIANT!
Jovial you are amazing!
The plot, the descriptions and eveything is just really well written
I can't wait for more
a&f ,
Casey
Rebel Dreamer chapter 30 . 3/11/2004
Oh. My. GOD. That was the BEST FIC EVER! I can relate, ALOT. I know how Alice could feel about Johnny and Christina. That's a whole different story, but anyways... Awesome work.
Always,
Rebel Dreamer
gclover chapter 28 . 12/21/2003
YOU KILLED SETH? no! but now she has to get w/ Jason!
InkPoisoning chapter 30 . 11/10/2003
This was the best story I have ever read! Really sad and happy at the same time. This story ROCKS! I'll never forget it!

PsychoPath
it chapter 3 . 10/18/2003
I think Alice shouldn't have that much toruble fiduring uot what's the matter with Seth. I mean, come on, she's not stupid and she didn't live that much of a sheltered life. The second thoughs thing is both very real and a bit disapointing. The dreamworld of this story is strting to blend into a more solid reality. Chapter 3 is very well written and I do hope I can read more tonight. Your work is awsome.
it chapter 2 . 10/18/2003
The chapter does start off in a bit of a rush. I think it is just a bit unrealistic of a whole group of people to just walk out on their lives, but then again, that is what makes this novel exciting. I really like where this chapter is going. You make me want to read more of it, which will be hard to do today. So far it’s a great story.
chara1 chapter 1 . 10/10/2003
lol stace as in stacy schmidt? lol it sounds like you... very much but im not sure. how did you act out the first chapter? like all by yourself? lol that is teh weirdest thing i have heard in a long time... you are a weird one stacy... you really are... see ya round
Stace chapter 1 . 10/10/2003
Interesting... I actually acted out the first chapter because it seemed like something worthwhile to do... Ha, ha, hum...
it chapter 1 . 10/6/2003
It 2:19, and i'm doing my best to stay awake, so don't blame me if this makes no sence whatsoer, let alone the spelling. I think this has a lot of potential. You started out wiht a really nice plotline and i'm curious to see where its gonna go. I think the first chapter was a bit too intense though. It almost felt like you were rushing it in some parts. A bit more detail about her friends would have been nice. But then again, I should really read on a bit more before I start saying that. Overall though, I liked it. YOUR WORK IS GOOD. and I will send my baboons after you if you say that its not. I'll definatly find the time to read it all. I really do like where its going. You're a great writer.
flameluvr chapter 30 . 9/27/2003
This was a truly wonderful and moving piece of fiction.
68 | Page 1 2 3 4 .. Last Next »