Reviews for Religion
keltica chapter 1 . 12/8/2004
And all of this is very ironic ... when most religions share the same God and the same heritage ... ah ... it's what doesn't make us worthy of the realm of God ... the way we cannot accept people for what they are and the harm we bring to the Earth and all of its beautiufl species ...

namariekeltica, the celtic fire from within
TAE the Adventurer chapter 1 . 6/27/2003
So true. We need to accept each other's differences, we're all human. I like this, it's very direct and well worded.
firess chapter 1 . 6/20/2003
i like that one as well
cosmo-queen chapter 1 . 6/13/2003
Simple but effective poem. I hate how people can't learn to respect each other's religions. I know that not everyone believes in God and I respect that. What I think that we should all believe in though is respect for one another. Otherwise, these terrible things in the world will just keep on happening. Good job, keep writing :)

*cosmo-queen*
Kyalia chapter 1 . 6/8/2003
Religion is a bad thing all too often... I think that people should have the option of choosing their own, or inventing their own. (Shameless plug: "Religion")
absolute0 chapter 1 . 5/15/2003
I like the choices you make for the topics for your poem and I'd say this is a really good one. It's ironic how people spill blood all for the sake of religion when in the end, it's not religion that can save us. It's our faith.
Nurul chapter 1 . 4/14/2003
Hi,Nicky!

Great poem! Yes,I agree with are all equal on this earth.
obsidian katana chapter 1 . 4/4/2003
great poem! very true, you have a really good point. yeah, so much destruction, wars, prejudice... in the name of religion, but not always (in the case of Christianity) in the name of God. at least that's what i think. like i don't think God wanted people to fight the Crusades, He wouldn't want Christians to disrespect people of other beliefs. anyway, good job on this! keep on writing!
Alyx Bradford chapter 1 . 4/4/2003
::applauds:: It's ridiculous what people have done and continue to do in the name of religion. "Love thy enemy, kill the infidel..."

The pace of this poem was absolutely perfect for the point you were trying to convey. Fast, hectic, intense. Great.
Loganberry chapter 1 . 4/3/2003
I tend to differentiate between belief and religion - though not having the latter probably makes that easier! What can I say? You've said it all.
Girl With Hat chapter 1 . 4/3/2003
Lovely poem. I understand. This can be taken both literally for what really happens and metaphorically for personal/emotional distress people go through, and I love it for being plain enough that even I (who sometimes doesn't even recognize blatant slang or euphimisms for what they are) can see it clearly. Beautiful. Utterly beautiful.
Fallen Rider chapter 1 . 4/2/2003
impressed and i agree with you
Runwithscythes chapter 1 . 4/2/2003
::nods:: organised religion is a terrible thing. great poem.