Reviews for Control
Safety Canary chapter 1 . 6/8/2005
Speak has been my favorite book for a long, long time now; I read it seventeen times and could quote entire pages. Donnie Darko is mostly okay, but everyone gets obsessive after they watch it and quote it nonstop, which is annoying for the people who've watched it once or twice or twelve times. I liked this, but it was never clear to me what Black Jacket's role in the story was. Brittany's boyfriend?
aspenjerome chapter 1 . 4/4/2003
I like so much of it, it's a shame the end must play out like it does. Here's a character we can spend some time with, stories we need to hear, about David and Brittany and this mysterious man, about the mother and father, about the school, if only you have the gumption to take this ending back, file it away, maybe never use it, and forge on. This story is merely interesting right now.

But it can get really, really, interesting.

And you have the talent to pull it off.

Delve deeper. What you have...it's creepy. But it ain't enough. It's a tip, no more.

So write more, please. Develop this work further. I think, maybe, you have a suitable conclusion, although, after you go further, you may find you've invested too much in the characters to have it end so cheaply.

I invite you, please, to read and review some of my work, one story of which,rape, by the inducement of jelly, also features a similiar kind of dream sequence. I'd like to know what you think of it, considering yours is so clear.
ValaneyValaun chapter 1 . 4/3/2003
Very moody. Nice job of creating and sustaining a solid atmosphere. I enjoyed it very much. Thanks!