Reviews for The Spider's Web
oh.nolita chapter 18 . 1/22/2006
One word: ADDICTIVE!
devil chapter 18 . 1/20/2006
This isn't even your story! this is from Sweet Valley High... oO God, you're such a jacker, can't even fucking make up your own story
Nicci chapter 6 . 1/19/2006
Haha, your story is so funny and great. *grins* I really like your characterization of all the characters. Your style of writing draws me in... for some reason, I can't stop studying the way you write and how wonderful it is-where you place adjectives, the kinds of adjectives, your syntax, the personalities of each of your characters...

I just love your style of writing.

The interactions with the Game Master always have my heart... feeling funny. I don't know how to describe the feeling. THe only time I didn't particulary like him was when he was watching Sean and Sydney... he appeared a little... over-possessive/stalkerish/controlling. I'm sure he has a reason though. xD

Anyway, one more exam to take tomorrow. I truly can't wait to read the next chapter. Maybe tonight if I finish studying early. :D Great chapter(s)!
Nicci chapter 2 . 1/17/2006
I loved the male character. He was absolutely charming-in an arrogant, self-centered sort of way. Lol. Your characters seem very real to me, and not once was I bored. You don't move slow, which would bore me to death. _

Anyway, I'll continue to read a chapter when I get the chance. Once again, great chapter!
Nicci chapter 1 . 1/16/2006
AWESOME beginning. You already have my interest. I love the characters already, and this is easily one of the best stories I have read on . I had someone recommend a bunch to me, and out of the others, which disappointed me, this one has definitely made up for it. I look forward to reading more tomorrow, but now I've got to study for my stupid exams and write my paper on abortion.
Evinus chapter 18 . 1/11/2006
Well, that was odd. It would suck to be Dom right now, out within a few minutes of the game, I'd be so mad. Anywho, I really like this story, it's so awesome, update soon!
LeenaAmara chapter 18 . 1/7/2006
this is unlike anythign I have ever read and i simply adore it! So many twists! I see you haven't updated in a long time and i beg of you to do so!
cherrypiesizzle chapter 18 . 1/6/2006
Please update soon...you are taking way too long to update. I don't understand what the Game Master wants though...
storm42 chapter 15 . 1/1/2006
You need to update. **cry**
backseats on thursdays chapter 18 . 1/1/2006
Keep it up! Update A.S.A.P! Amazing concept!
SnowySilver chapter 18 . 12/20/2005
I... I think that I might love you.

Well, okay, I'm on a sugar high so I'm prone to saying things like that, but seriously. This story is one of the best things not costing me upwards of six bucks (stupid corporate Borders and its money-costing evilness) that I've seen in a loong time. I've read the past 18 chapters in maybe three days. All my other sites lie neglected, alone in the snow, weeping at the loss. Today at school (I was on chapter 15... or was it 14?) this story, like the sticky mass of grabbiness that is the title, absolutely refused to leave my mind, and I made no less than half a dozen game scenarios, trying to predict the future.

...Okay, I did have a test today, so I'm officially blaming you for my answer to #5. But other than that, you still rock.

This story is so incredibly good that it made me sign in and leave a review for the first time in over six months. Do you realize how good a story has to be to get me to leave a signed review?

Really very super-duper amazingly awesome, that's how good. I believe that a wholehearted "WHEE!" may safely be added to that description in your case, as well.

Now, what specifically do I love about your writing...? First of all, the scroll button. You just can't always get into a story easily if you keep having to press a button and get to the next chapter, but this is just so very lovely and LONG. Not annoying-long either, with five-page paragraphs and absolutely no breaks ever, so no one can stop to make a snack or take a break when they need to (gasp!) leave the computer for a moment. No, you've got perspectives, and scene changes, and cliffhangers, and safe times to break along with evil scary times to break. Not all the time, but just at the right spots that I can make that PB n' J sandwich without stopping in the middle of a fight scene. Oops, I got into reason #2, didn't I? Oh well.

Third, then: oh holy diety of all literature and funky posters of dragons, THE CHARACTERS! They're just so very... eek! Realistic, stubborn, stupid, annoying, angry, loveable, cuddly, cute, evil (by the way, evil means scary and/or mean in my world... or, you know, evil, but that's rare), hilarious, strange, tattooed, egomaniacal (my favorite nickname for Game Master... anyone naming himself "Master" has to be big on the "go me" scale, even if it does fit). I could think of more adjectives, but I don't want you to fall asleep while I describe the things you already shot for, and hit. I can tell that your characters have something of a life of their own, and that's the singular fact that, I believe, can make or break a story. A character, especially one as dominant as Sydney, cannot be good unless they have a say in their story, insane as that sounds. Your cast is mysterious and real and I love them.

Four - just my personal favorite parts of your story, besides, well, all of it. I absolutely inhale (and then reread ten or twelve times, because they're so good) the scenes vaguely from the Game Master's perspective, generally in the little room with unconscious Sydney. Something about those little scenes just seems so revealing, dark, slightly dangerous - what with the unconscious girl unknowingly sharing a room with a guy intently and solely focused on her - and absolutely perfect. I really need to look in a thesaurus for more synonyms to the word "good."

All right... hmm, I had something else. What was it? Oh yes. You. Are. Awesome. You rock. You're funky, and neat, and cool. I've reacted with your characters, gotten into their heads, attempted to be them and/or knock them senseless, and I literally screamed when I saw there was no forward arrow button after this chapter. I understand though, really I do... I've got one (unposted) story that's been waiting for its second chapter for over a year. Writer's block is the most glare-worthy thing ever to come about, and even if you don't have it, procrastination is the sign of a true writer.

That said... Do you suppose that you could maybe, possibly, perhaps write some more? Myself and undoubtably several hundred silent screaming readers would be much appreciative. No pressure, just praise and pleas.

By now, the sugar high's worn off, but you really are incredibly good (or ace, bully, capital, crack, deluxe, sterling, supereminent, tip-top...). I'm very eagerly awaiting the next installment, and I sincerely hope that this long-winded review will spur you into reaching for that keyboard. Until then, you're on my favorites list, and... well, do you really need more of an ego boost?

See you next chapter!
Juniper Nights chapter 18 . 12/3/2005
update update update!hurry!
C. Aleshi chapter 17 . 12/2/2005
keep up good work. Update!
That Girl You Love chapter 17 . 11/29/2005
*enthusiastic clapping*

And that's that. I am wholeheartedly awaiting the next chapter. Good character development. Realistic dialogue and situations in such a surreal, fascinating concept. It almost makes me want to write a story just like this. *grin* Of course, I'll credit you with the inspiration.

See you in the next chapter.

Muah.

~Thatgirlyoulove

PS. Hee. Feel privileged. I read, maybe 4 stories ever six months. Yes, I am -that- picky.
That Girl You Love chapter 16 . 11/29/2005
I knew it! *dance* You gotta love a guy with awesomely colored hair!
790 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »