Reviews for The Spider's Web
bookADDICT6 chapter 2 . 8/23/2011
LOL. I think I get the idea of where this is going, it's kind of creepy though that someone wants to keep Sydney hostage in a game...
bookADDICT6 chapter 1 . 8/23/2011
Other than the dreary history, I think I'm going to enjoy this story. Especially getting messages from some unknown person ;)
bridgettblah chapter 18 . 7/29/2011
Ahhh! Oh my gosh, this is freakin awesome! I love it! Gah! From the first chapter, I was hooked! This is just so cool...I love the Game Master. :D But...at the same time...I dunno. Anyways..cant wait 'till you update next!
Binkybaby chapter 18 . 7/4/2011
I enjoyed this alot. Update soon!
the-asylum chapter 1 . 4/3/2011
I'm only on the first chapter, but I have a good gut feeling that this is going to come out really great. From what I can tell now, this is going to be a very unique story and I love that about it. Sydney seems like she isn't going to take any crap and that's refreshing in a story. I can already see depth to her and I feel that I'm going to be rooting for her throughout. I love a character that makes me care. The last line gave me the chills for a second. Very well done :)
Jaxer-Remmington Ferad chapter 18 . 3/19/2011
I know it's probably going to be a long while before you update this, or even read all these reviews for this story, but can I say that The Spider's Web is incredible? This is the first time I read about a Matrix-like plot, and you do a damn well job of writing this adventure. Sydney's a badass, just sayin', and the fact that she's the strong heroine type makes this story all the more appealing. Not to mention the Game Master. The mysterious, intelligent, mastermind behind the scenes. Man, the creative stages you put in this keeps me interested through and through. And the cliffhanger! Why, why, the cliffhanger. But it's great, nonetheless. Fantastic. Chills down my spine, flippin' awesome. I hope to see this completed one day!
Hysterical Smiles chapter 18 . 1/13/2011
Like woah! I really wished you would've updated this. It is probably one of the best writings i've read on here. It's simply phenomenal. But your 5 years without an update and it made me really sad to think I could never finish reading probably one of my favorite stories. Like seriously i've been running out the door everday this week so i wouldn't be late to my first class in the morning. And i'm usually pretty good in the mornings!

Anyway, if you do eventually read this... just know... I LOVE THIS STORY AND YOU NEED TO UPDATE!

less than three

Salvatoree D
Night-Rayne chapter 18 . 12/23/2010
I just wanted to say I love this story and hope you update, the idea is really unique.
Varelie chapter 18 . 6/29/2010
Ooh this new scenario seems very interesting. I love the story's concept, especially since it means a lot of adventure. The Game Master quite honestly freaks me out a little but I have a hunch on why he likes Sydney ;D Just a hunch though. Poor Dom! I don't like Sydney kissing him even though she doesn't like him. But I guess that's just her personality. Plus she threw poor Gabby off the cliff D': How could she be so cruel? Yet, I think I'm starting to like her a little, despite her bitchiness. Keep on writing, I'm really interested to see what's next. Them being hunted down is a very scary situation to be in O.O

Even if it is only a game, I'd be shaking in my socks xP
Ear-splitting Silence chapter 18 . 5/23/2010
Just wanted to say. I absolutely LOVE this story, and was/is/ needs-to-stop-being depressed that it has stopped where it is and I can't wait until and when you start it back up. I'll be waiting and watching -and secretly hoping D- patiently. Cough, cough - ya right- cough, cough.
Crazywritings chapter 18 . 4/25/2010
...I...I...Holy ...

I'm going to be creepy here for a second. You literally just made me have a reading orgasm. I'm not even joking. This story is honestly so amazing that I nearly fainted. You made me late for COUNTLESS things in the past week because I would not give up reading this. So thanks a lot. I'm probably kicked off varsity now.

I'll get fancy-shmancy critical now. The story was so good because of your ideas. Your writing is phenomenal, don't get me wrong-it was beautifully written to say the least. The detail and lead-ins to the action sequences (and the action-sequences themselves) are impeccable. Also, your dialogue was very realistic, which is severely lacking in most of the Fictionpress stories. The characters are likeable without being Mary Sues, there is a healthy amount of humor, and your description is great. So the foundation of the story, being the writing, is lovely and incredible, to say the least.

But honestly, Matches, your ideas are sickeningly brilliant. I swear to you, this is better than most books I've read. Your cliff-hangers actually added to the story instead of took away from it (which happens often), the challenges are heart-pounding and exhilirating, and your plot twists are shocking while still sticking to the story. So far, it's positively flawless. And I love how the romance is strategically balanced out with the action. The run-ins with the Game Master were really sexy, I can't lie.

Really, your story is absurdly flawless. I can't think of a single thing wrong with it. This is by far my favorite story on Fictionpress.

Just letting you know, I was reading this in my room, and when the Game Master and Sydney kissed, I screamed, "OH MY GOD I JUST CAME!" I yell random things when I get excited, you see. My mom, on the other hand, can't look at me the same way anymore.

Now, I must address something. FIVE YEARS? WHAT ARE YOU, INSANE? Update this mother story before I'm forced to beat you into last Tuesday. Your Author's Note at the end of White Noise CLEARLY states, "Anyway, I'll try not to take too long to update." Excuse me, but I do believe that ship has SAILED!

Update now. I swear I almost started crying when I saw 1) that it wasn't complete, 2) that you hadn't updated in five. Freaking. Years. and 3) that I DON'T GET TO KNOW THE ENDING!

I'm pissed at you, but I'm also in complete awe and I wish to be you. I'm honored to have a story on the same "Favorite Stories" list as you. That is all.

P.S. UPDATE PLEAASE
chewy-chocolate-cookie chapter 18 . 4/12/2010
i know it's been, like, five years since you last updated, but im still hoping!
WinterInk24 chapter 18 . 1/24/2010
O-O I almost had a heart attack when I saw that there weren't more chapters to read. And then I almost had a seizure when I you havent update your story...for quite some time. I don't want to appear naggy or anything...but this story is mind blowingly fantastic, and a shame to leave unfinished. Excellent writing, interesting plot, and I really am getting attached to the Game Master. He kind of had a bipolar problem, is a stalker...but a hot sounding stalker at that. :) Hope you update soon.
Dwindling Fire chapter 1 . 10/18/2009
i like..tis interestin..and kinda freaky xS loll
Lindsay chapter 18 . 10/6/2009
I love this story! You are an amazing writer. :)

I remember looking forward to each chapter so much back when you were still writing it... are you not planning on continuing it, or is the story still in hiatus?
790 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »