Reviews for Red Song, Carries On
not sure yet chapter 1 . 4/30/2003
wow, love the ending, extremely powerful, love it, excellent job
Shadafakup chapter 1 . 4/30/2003
Wow.. This is very well done.. I dont fully understand it but i guess im just kind of dumb... still, it somehow struck me n i like it all the same..
Loganberry chapter 1 . 4/29/2003
Ahem. Only about a fortnight after I intended to do this, but still...

I don't know whether you intended it as such, but I saw this as being on several levels. It can be taken at face value; it could be taken as a comment on war; it could even be taken as a comment on the collapse of communism and, especially, the Soviet Union - the 1991 coup that nearly deposed Yeltsin finds echoes in here.

It's quite probable that I've mentioned everything except the meaning you actually intended. I tend to do that.
Alaskan-Lone-Wolf chapter 1 . 4/25/2003
Whoa, very powerful. And deep too. You said you wanted honist/critasism reviews so i'm just going to point out one little thing i think would make your song a little better.

If you had added a beat to it

*exp.- 'Nobodys Fool' by Avril L.*

it might have flowed easier.

But that was the only thing i saw that needed 'correction' all in all a great song! Keep it up!

*The Goddess of Night*
Werecat99 chapter 1 . 4/25/2003
This was very powerful. And filled with metaphors and opposite images and feelings.

I'm not sure if I have fully understood it with my mind, but I know it spoke to my heart.

PS

Thanks for the review.
aleppine chapter 1 . 4/21/2003
I like the little images you've used throughout this, some seem artfully plucked from nowhere. Those last 4 lines are great - I love the idea of a voice personified - 'the voice stumbles to it's knees'.

Thanks for the review for haiku. 'I think I've got an idea of what this might be saying...but I much prefer the rhythm/imagery more than meaning.' - dude, I had no idea what the thing meant when I wrote it, and I still have no idea ... very interested to know what it was you saw in it, though, that I gather you didn't particularly like ... remember, whatever it was, it was entirely the creation of your mind, as I haven't yet created / discovered a meaning myself ... ciao
fw5blue chapter 1 . 4/14/2003
Deep and unfortunately too true thoughout history. The angry mob usually wins out over a lone voice of reason. I like your cryptic style of writing. Did anythig in particular inspire you?
absolute0 chapter 1 . 4/8/2003
I like how you portrayed the small voice, how amidst all the madness that went on, it knew what was wrong and yet no one even listened to it. I guess people just value some things over another even though something's wrong in the process. It's like glorifying the result and ignoring the cost (in terms of life) that came with it. Then again, what I'm saying might not be what you meant. )
RNL chapter 1 . 4/7/2003
This is pretty cool - I thought I'd check you out as you reviewed me - and you are talented. Keep writing.

RNL
Miss Buggie chapter 1 . 4/6/2003
I really liked this. I like the way you had the lone voice saying that this is wrong. I like the message, too. Very good poetry.

Miss B.

P.S. Thank you for reviewing my poem.
Raging Angel of White chapter 1 . 4/6/2003
well done. so very true and so very well-written