Reviews for A Portrait of the Author as a Young Thespian
glitch chapter 1 . 4/23/2009
Oh my! I was laughing so much that I would have fallen off my chair if I had been sitting on one. Wise of me to simply stand. :P Nah, I'm just pretending to be studying when, in fact, I'm not. Ok...must go now! Don't wanna lose very badly against the boys. Yesterday was embarrassing enough! Can't wait to read the rest of your stories. Enjoy writing!
Chaya Y chapter 1 . 6/10/2006
This was funny. You already use the tactics I'm still trying to learn- and they come naturaly.

Brava, Betsy Ross. Brava.
Shuyan chapter 1 . 3/6/2005
LoL. This is the most funniest story ive ever read. Great story. Keep on writing...Please? If you have a chance can you check out my story Shade of darkness
loves him chapter 1 . 1/13/2005
lol, this is such a cute story. I love the narrative, extremely well written. This is based on real events? Oh wow, that's like something that I've written. I love the perspective!

~Lily
lilacks chapter 1 . 11/23/2004
HA! that's adorible! you're great at telling stories! keep it up! (and write fanfiction some day. *wink wink*)happy thanxgiving and enjoy your dead bird (vegitarian here) _~
Areya chapter 1 . 10/10/2004
This is a great story! Keep up the good work and write more! Missing one line out of 21 isn't that bad.I missed 7 of my lines in my first play. :)
browserman chapter 1 . 8/1/2004
I really enjoyed this. The idea of a 7 year old NEEDIING to play Betsy Ross is funny in itself, and the way you describe it works well. A nice mix of humor and sentiment.
LittleMissReilander chapter 1 . 5/15/2004
DUDE! That was so fuckin' touching. I loved it. I REALLY DID!
LilGrimmy chapter 1 . 2/20/2004
Interesting little story. I little too casual for my tastes, and I can't help but point out when you've used the word "so" as in a measurement. This I cannot condone for any soul to do because it simply drives up the wall. I liked the story a bunch, and while i can relate to it, there needs to be dramatic element of description to it. What did the peoples eyes look like to you? Could you see all of them staring at you while you stood, slack-jawing, gaping at the audience, despereatly clawing at your suddenly empty and youthful head? WHat was the auditorium like? If anything give little details. It's the little details that sell the story, and it always leads me to speculate about how important this memor is to you. If this really is a large and impactful moment in your life, and while you want a humurous element to it, then tell us all that you remember, and give references to things, and metaphors and similes and hyperboles and everything under the sun you can think of to make this as hilarious and as strong a moment in your life as it really was. All in all, i liked it.
Good Work
Rebel Dreamer chapter 1 . 2/14/2004
Heehee! Reminds me of my first school play, where I wanted (and got) the biggest part. My first play was (weirdly) in second grade as well. It was "Planet of the Grown-Ups". *nods* Anyways, this is an awesome fic.
Always,
SoccerStar04
oncethrown chapter 1 . 1/25/2004
Hi,
This was well written, the narrative is tickling and the story is fun. I bet you were adorable.
Ryokitty chapter 1 . 1/20/2004
Wow, that really happened? Neat! That was adorable.. I think that I wanted to be Clara Barton, except in third. ::daydreams:: My teacher was a witch. I hope she doesn't somehow see this and find out, so I'm keeping her name a secret. XD