Reviews for Winter 1908
Amaris chapter 1 . 4/22/2003
Nice historical references once again. Once again, good job. I don't really like the parentheses that much. Keep writing with references, I really think it gives your poetry more style. I suppose eventually references will have to stop so that your poems will be fully original and others can make references to yours.
ShinigamiForever chapter 1 . 4/10/2003
They need a history subcategory; there seems to be too many history nuts gone to poetry here. I really like the second to last stanza, "hard to imagine.../will matter", the best. There's something so sharp and decently phrased about that.
Paradoxical Goddess chapter 1 . 4/9/2003
Hmm, I like this one, but I think the last stanza is strongest. *nods*
the Queen of Jupiter chapter 1 . 4/9/2003
Haha...I read "schoolroom" in the 9th stanza and thought it said "schloom" for a moment...O_O I'm tired, I think. My orchestra got superior today at contest, woo-hoo! _

Back to the poem. I love how you use the colors to emphasize points/ideas.

"the crowd murmurs

in broken sputters

and scuff their boots

in dirtied snow

(in anticipation)"

Lovely, lovely, line. Very scary to me, for some reason (I haven't learned whatever you're referencing, so I can't quite grasp the whole meaning of the poem ;_;). Wonderful last two stanzas, about how nothing will matter. Very true.

Keep writing! Peace
Princess Mulan chapter 1 . 4/8/2003
Great job!

this is a cool idea!
Obake-Chan chapter 1 . 4/8/2003
It's so sad to know nothing of your own nationality. But I wouldn't think that the Japanese would mourn for Korea and Manchu(that's what I learned). But then again, I have no interpretation skills.

I really like how you used the colors red and white a lot(the sun rising! Yea!). Red pupils in white room makes lots of flags? And geishas have the white and red makeup. Yes yes.
Rose of Dresden chapter 1 . 4/8/2003
O, wow, I love this-

Historical poetry is so cool. And I love the Teddy Roosevelt line, he's great...the play on noble/nobel is cool, though i don't know if you intended that, and i love the open/closed door reference!

Gah, thanks for writing this. Now I won't go insane from my stupid research paper -

Beautiful!