Reviews for Desire
logical-unreason chapter 1 . 12/15/2004
Good description, you have so much bloody potential, why waste it on cliche self harm pieces? Seriously you can do so much better on topic matter.
A-wolf-called-Skya chapter 1 . 4/11/2004
Bravo! i had to read this. it imatated exactly(Almost, at least) how a cutter might feel.
keep it up!
-Rachel.
*Every legend leaves a mark*
RainbowSerenity chapter 1 . 5/9/2003
You're right about not having a reason to stop. It seems like when you wrote this, you climbed right inside my brain and took all of my feelings and put them into words.

This was beautifully written, and it makes people think about how cutters like me feel. How we want a place in the world, yet we can't, so we cut to stop the pain.

Excellent, excellent work, this is definately one of my favorite stories here.
sMiKe chapter 1 . 4/26/2003
Sigh. Had more to say... just no medium of expression.

posser of confliction,

sMike
ChaoxAngel chapter 1 . 4/21/2003
I admire your ability of expression. This piece you have written have certainly told it true. As you had expressed in your story, you definitely have the power, and you definitely can wield it... use it to preserve yourself, and especially your health - for it's where your talent and soul resides. :o)

~DW
Needa S chapter 1 . 4/21/2003
You have much talented and I think you should try and work for God. Start writing for him. There is a reason you came to me and I think through your writing for him you will get through this. I have never been through anything like this. But I have done other things. And by the grace of God I got through it and so can you. Try it even if its just a few lines its a start. And everytime you feel that urge to cut "Write." God Bless and I hope to see a spiritual piece from you soon. *Hugs*
Keep it 100 chapter 1 . 4/20/2003
It is evident that you have a real talent. However, if you continue to hurt your body you will destroy the place in which that talent resides. It is always a shame to see such a talent go fade. Don't allow that to happen.

~Heart of the Sword
babyblue87 chapter 1 . 4/10/2003
i jus wanna say that i cut...and whether u do or not...u wrote this story and it explains exactly everyhting i feel before i cut, while i cut, and after. so, in other words, good job. :)
aspenjerome chapter 1 . 4/9/2003
Fairly intense. A few phrases are melodramatic, but I'm quibbling.
charolastra chapter 1 . 4/9/2003
Wow - this is really powerful. You write with a kind of emotion that's just - wow. (Er. I'm usually more eloquent than this. p)

Not meaning to pry into your personal life or anything, but is this story from personal experience? Because I know that I personally, as someone who has never cut themself, could never write a story like this and make it feel so real. (I could never write a story like this anyway.. but that has more to do with my writing abilities than anything else.. p)

You really do have a talent for writing, though. Although the story only describes a short scene, you've got all this details described wonderfully, both things like what the girls' bathroom looks like (Or was I the only one to get a vivid mental image of the girl disappearing into this grubby cubicle covered in all the typical writing and graffiti you'd find in a school bathroom?) to the feelings of relief she gets from the cutting. Fantastic.

One of my favourite bits was when she's looking for her knife. "For a moment, and fumbled desperately in my pocket, which was bulging with papers, make-up, and a few lost coins. At the bottom, my fingers closed around it - the knife. It was cold and hard and somehow very real. It described me, because beneath all those notes about who people thought I was, and beneath all those cosmetics I used to make myself look like something that I wasn't, I was sharp and I needed to inflict pain. I needed a name. I needed pleasure and pain and power and proof. I needed reasons." (I really shouldn't quote entire paragraphs like that in my reviews, should I? Heh) The way you take something simple like that, her searching for her knife, and seamlessly go over to describing how she compares herself, and finds similarities between herself and the knife, was great. I also loved how you managed to tie that in with the ending paragraph, that the knife had given her everything, everything except a reason to stop using it. Wow.

Clara
LilMissMe chapter 1 . 4/9/2003
it seems you have the same talent for writing as you do for poetry. i can really identify with this, not for myself, but for a friend.

very powerful, very real. well written, and well handled for such an emotive subject matter.