Reviews for The Titanic: A Historical Fiction
Nautical Lass chapter 7 . 8/2/2004
I am a bit obsessed with the story of the Titanic and I really like this. You are a wonderful writer.
Guest chapter 7 . 6/25/2004
omg, this story gave me shivers and tears. i am overly obbsessed with the Titanic and i have never read a story with this great of an impact on me. thanks.
ConcertMasterD chapter 7 . 6/2/2003
::sniffle:: Very touching... ironic how man's insufferable pride generally gets him into trouble. This is a very very well written short; keep it up!
elmo44449999 chapter 7 . 5/23/2003
The end of this story did a good job of summing it up in a touching way. It was almost poetic. However, I think the story went by too fast. When I read it, it seemed kind of like, "And then we did this, and then we went there, and then I saw that, and then I did that..." You don't have very much happening outside of the very skeletal plotline, and it's all one big narrative. Maybe some more characters? More thoughts or feelings? More dialogue? More occuronces that don't neccesarily make a big impact but are fun to read about? Try any of those things to make your story lengthier and more enjoyable to read.
elmo44449999 chapter 3 . 5/17/2003
Oh, good. This is getting better and better. We got to meet Mica and George, which I liked, and plus, you keep up the atmosphere posed by all the other passengers. Still, though, it seems a little rushed. The descriptive words seem out of place when you have so much happening in so short a time. Let me get this straight: the captain and everyone understood what was going on, took control of the situation, and started uncovering the lifeboats in only six lines? That doesn't really have the desired effect if everything happens so quickly. Slow down, take a few seconds to add longer descriptions to the narrative, and this will all seem more real.
elmo44449999 chapter 1 . 5/17/2003
I'm reviewing one chapter at a time so I don't forget anything. I really like the way you give off such a sweet, cozy atmosphere on the deck, but when you talk about how she got Jenny, it starts to be a little boring. You might try varying your sentence structure a little bit (okay, now I bet I'm sounding all snobby and nerdy, aren't I?) so that the subjects and the verbs are in different orders, there are passive verbs as well, etc. Other than that, I really think this story couldn't be better. You do a good job characterizing our protagonist here (however, she does need a name) without going into too much detail. You also have some great figurative language and beautiful descriptions. It all gives off a very distinct, calm feeling. In short... excellent job.
Autumn Pierce chapter 1 . 4/9/2003
Very good so far! Well written and detailed.
Knight of Tarian chapter 7 . 4/9/2003
This was good. *tries to write while her foot is on pins and needles from falling asleep* The chapters were a little short, but it didn't matter because you had all the chapters there anyway. Keep up the good work.