Reviews for Dali Bull Fighting
the Queen of Jupiter chapter 1 . 4/23/2003
Oh my Lord the imagery in this poem was absolutely gorgeous...pure imagery, this was. Good Lord. This was so overwhelming...wah...the part about the dead bull was at once awful and beautiful.

At a loss...

This going on my favorite stories list...

Peace
Paradoxical Goddess chapter 1 . 4/17/2003
now i just want to write a poem about salvador dali and bull fights. asjfd;lsakjf;dafsk;a

(why is it that you make the most beautiful poems out of mundane things like this? ah. *envies your infinite talent*)
K. Hallett chapter 1 . 4/15/2003
wow...i love it...the circularity gains a rhythm that (perhaps) echoes the final rhythms of the bull's heart and adds a sadness and a beauty to the whole piece...great job...btw thanks for the reviews...i greatly appreciate them...and i haven't read any lorca but i understand he's one of the greats and so thanks for the comparison :)

mad dog (aka rosalitalongjacket)
toysoldier chapter 1 . 4/14/2003
ah! This is so colourful, you write poetry like you're filming something, instead of giving words you gives images, a slideshow.

LOVE the last stanza, it gave me shivers (as usual).

T.S.
E. Gao chapter 1 . 4/12/2003
"all these dull planets out ahead, and the illusionary ring

and the roses falling slowly

from the stands"

coupled with the song I'm listening to ("shade and honey," from the laurel canyon soundtrack), these two poems I've just read are gonna make me crack. I'm serious.

there is matt,

then there is

loving matt.

and that makes all the difference.

EG
miss meaningeverythingtome chapter 1 . 4/12/2003
Paranoiac-Critical, spontaneous method of irrational knowledge based on the interpretive critical association of delirious phenomena

i love dali, i love your poetry. it's beautiful, i adore the dead bull imagery.

wow.
Toadster chapter 1 . 4/10/2003
Oh! How beautiful!

I like the spanish references best. My boyfriend (newest conquest) is Uruguayan, and quite looks like a bull (if you squint with one eye closed that is). It personalized the metaphor for me. lol.
sweetspontaneous chapter 1 . 4/10/2003
this makes me think of hemingway, because of the bull fighting, i guess. i'm aware this is maybe kind of gushy, but i really really love the style and the mood of your poetry. the spacing and the rhythm work well in this, too. and the last line i just love.
ShinigamiForever chapter 1 . 4/10/2003
I like the paranthesis. But the way the images go, the difference between the bull fighting scenes and the actual person, "awake and cold in a red chair", that's what really struck me about this poem. Brilliant, as always.
Ukiah chapter 1 . 4/10/2003
That was certainly different, very surreal like you mentioned in your summary.

Interesting images you painted.