Reviews for The Soldier
color.me.vegan chapter 2 . 6/13/2011
Both your story and the e-mail brought tears to my eyes.

Well written.

-V.
SlugHunter chapter 2 . 7/7/2010
its good.

The blase statements of facts is confronting, it's not forcing us to think anything, its not forcing emotions onto us, it's just giving facts that causes us to think and feel and i think that is so powerful.
Robyn Night chapter 1 . 10/19/2009
Wow, just... wow- that was so touching! I really was able to feel for that soldier. What a sad life he's led. Thank you for writing this. I think that it shows great insight to the life of a soldier, and it is important for everyone to be able to understand it.

~Robyn Night~
Shadowe Goddess chapter 1 . 5/24/2008
Gods... This in a way reminds me of my marine. He holds a good chunk of my heart. And as of yet I haven't been there for him when he gets home. He's stationed when in the U.S. he's across the country from me and I've been in school every time he comes home. The soldiers enjoy hearing from home, no matter how inconsequential it is...

Thank you for writing such a wonderful piece.
Stefania chapter 1 . 1/15/2004
from one who has military in their life i give my greatest appreciaton to you for writing this and many other stories involving the armed forces. your story showed exactly what many of us hold with us. we all have our reasons to join and fight and most of the time we see things we dont want to and you captured it wonderfully. you did it in a way that didnt leave a fake sense to it. one would think you were speaking from experience. great job on your writing and thank you.
Lt. Stefanie Miller
of the US Army
Nocommonsense chapter 2 . 6/20/2003
Wow. That was really powerful. I like the way you go into detail about the soldier. Your essay shows your point of view without offending .
locke huntsley chapter 1 . 4/19/2003
damnit, my tab key doesnt' work. *gripe gripe gripe*

ok, seriously now. even if this is all of this you plan on writing, it's enough. it shows (fairly accuratly, as near as i can tell) what our soldiers must go through. the grim details are well lined out, and you don't go overboard on the gore, as would be so easy to do. your writing style is improving immensly, and i for one, am happy to be able to read your works.
Anya chapter 1 . 4/13/2003
Sweet! Good job.
Tiffany23 chapter 1 . 4/12/2003
It was sad and all, but good. I love it.
Lady Une-chan a.k.a. Mirai chapter 1 . 4/12/2003
That was sad, but I liked it anyway.
EditorDee chapter 1 . 4/11/2003