Reviews for Why It Sometimes Doesn't Work For Me
Darkrose 17 chapter 1 . 10/30/2005
Thank you so much. Finally SOMEONE noticed the Lucifer thing. I am indebted to you.
CL Caudle chapter 1 . 6/2/2004
I'm a devout Christian (not a bible beater - keep that in mind.) I'm not offended by this at all, because it's your opinion..you're not infringing on anyone's rights by saying this, because you even went as far as to give a warning about hwat it would say. However, I believe that if you're willing to let me, I could probably help you understand a bit more of what all of this is saying. I used to think some of the same things, but...it's hard to explain, but I think I could probably do it better in an actual conversation than like this. Give me an IM or e-mail at if you want to talk.
Now for the actual review:
Nicely written. You made your points well, with concise summaries on your topics and well-made points. Nicely done.
Retlor chapter 1 . 8/5/2003
A good essay. Alot of the stuff in the bible contradicts the other stuff even Ned Flanders admits that at one point. Whatever it says though, I follow the principles involved in it far more than the words. (the good ones like love and peace etc not the bad ones like discrimination aginst what may be slightly different)
Someone Out There Cares chapter 1 . 8/3/2003
Whoa... I'm not Christian, but I found that very interesting. Sometimes I have similiar questions about my religion(Islam). I have just one question that I've always been meaning to ask:

If Jesus died for everyone's sin, then does that mean everyone before him is going to Hell? And if he died for everyone's sin why are there rules in the Bible that Christians have to follow. You'd think that all you have to do was beleive in Jesus and nothing else to go to Heaven.
fugiguru chapter 1 . 7/6/2003
1. heaven is not in human terms. we cannot understand it. the closest thing we can understand is that it is complete fullness with god.

2. god wants us to love him of our own free will, and knows that some won't, becuase humans are sinful. no one's perfect.

3. christianity is based on mysteries. there are so many things that we cannot comprehend.

4. god wants us to be happy on earth. if you think of what jesus said to us, his most important teaching was "love your neighbor as thyself" that is what God wants us to live by.

5. Jesus was a Jew, and half of your references are to the old testament. why are you not including Jews in your rant agaisnt religion?

just a few points. all together, your essay was thought provoking. i enjoy reading things that challenge my beliefs, and this certainly does.
Loganberry chapter 1 . 5/19/2003
This was very interesting indeed. I happen to be an atheist, so don't worry about God as I don't believe he exists in the first place, but I'm always intrigued by how others see him. And you've hit on a paradox that's always irritated me: it's a little pointless giving humans free will if only one way of living is allowed in the end.

Your comments in section 4 made me collapse in laughter, to be honest. I hope you've got some seriously flameproof clothes, that's all I can say! ;) I believe that religion can never be perfect, as - since I don't believe in supernatural forces - I believe that all religion is of human origin, and humans certainly aren't perfect.

Thanks for this - a nice antidote to the po-faced stuff we often get (from both sides of the argument).
JoetheWise chapter 1 . 5/19/2003
you have interesting opinions. One thing that i hope you will notice is that the Bible is the work of humans. God sent down inspiration, sure, but He did not personally write it. Can't humans have screwed up? Also, the rage about unbelievers-going-to-hell is something I completely agree with. I personally believe that is bull: we're always told that God loves us all and that God created us all. Maybe non-Christians are just worshiping Him in their own way. If that is not true, I'll become an atheist.
Esay chapter 1 . 4/26/2003
I think christianty is fine as a religion, but taking it as literaly as some do, it becomes nothing but a means to prevent understanding and compassion.

The fact is if people just tried to be good people and felt for one another they would all be saved just as the bible wants. The problem with almost all organized religions is that they conform to tradition and idols, something I think the bible it self tells one not to do. God created us in his image, which I think is consiousness and not our physical apperance. God in my opinion is nothing less than everything, so when we sin "God" sins as well, he is barbaric because we are barbaric as well. I can see why you would be confused, but remember that you are lisening to words of men and that each person sees life through their own rose colored glasses. Including the people who created the bible in the first place.
Hannah Spikette chapter 1 . 4/14/2003
All of this is true, Christianity doesn't work for me, either.