Reviews for Pebble
Qwerty chapter 1 . 9/7/2003
Damn. I know I can't say enough; I won't even try. This is excellent, magnificent, perfect - mere adjectives don't cover it. Can I kiss your feet?
silversilence chapter 1 . 4/25/2003
I can't say that I have ever encountered something of this degree before. It seems as if its going in one direction/category but then it feels as if its stretching some flexible lining that looks like it has miniscule holes in it. Interesting how you admit to love of all ages except the one that you are now. It overall seems hopeful yet more in the ironic sense than in the true one. It intruigues me personnaly, so I think you should continue. The charge of emotion makes it especially powerful...ecrivez plus, s'il vous plait
Paradoxical Goddess chapter 1 . 4/20/2003
*sighs* the lemmings off forehead and vagrant boy are just too cool for anything.
Kievsky chapter 1 . 4/18/2003
This sounds like it hurt to write but it is so wonderful and so touching that you should ABSOLUTELY keep it (if you haven't reached that conclusion already from the ten other reviews, lol). The parenthetical philosophies and the more personal lines go together very well; this is very raw, like a diary entry scrawled in a cloud of heartbreak then set aside because it was to painful to reread.

But it's so pensive, such an emotional wringer. A wonderful choice, posting this.
the Queen of Jupiter chapter 1 . 4/18/2003
This was absolutely breathtaking. I loved all of it.

"When I was seven I fell in love with a nineteenth century samurai warrior, a kickball champion, and a newspaper delivery boy. They all died within months of each other." - so beautiful and tragic all at once.

"Your body is a crime. A feat of architecture, asymmetric yet inviting; I wonder how many lemmings have jumped off your forehead?" - my favorite line.

*melts into a big puddle of envious goo* Your writing is so lovely...keep this, I say! Gorgeousness...you can't dispose of this even if you wanted to.

Keep writing! Peace
Della C chapter 1 . 4/15/2003
Amazing! The whole time one half-wonders, is she talking about an imaginary friend or about a real person? It's simply beautiful. I love it!
grey spirit chapter 1 . 4/14/2003
*This* is why you are a great writer. I don't think I have read a short piece like this by you (that was not a poem) that I have been more excited by. (Of course, that's not saying much, considering how horrible I am about reviewing things.) I'm excited because while you have the literary skills at your disposal (that's easily seen throughout all of you work) you haven't used them to such ends before.

You were succinct yet vivid with your descriptions and had a palatable mix of emotions (which you did splendidly with, by the way) and intellect (which you can't help but do splendidly with). Using your personal experiences as a vent really helped get you out of the history genre with magnificence. I only can hope that your newfound skills spill over in all of your work to come.

grey spirit
FalseExecutioner chapter 1 . 4/14/2003
Very personal (too bad i had no clue who the hell u were talking about but i didnt need to know.) Good Job it actually kept me reading (which is rare). This should go in your Save Folder so u can read in a couple of years. and is the word seven (when u fell in love with the kickball champion) supposed to be seventeen?
toysoldier chapter 1 . 4/14/2003
KEEP AT IT. People write what they know, and if it's personal, it's all the better, because then you get so much more emotion across, and you really do here.

when you let things like this out, you let so many people in.

I love it.

-T.S.
Amaris chapter 1 . 4/13/2003
This is really good...who are you writing about? Who is your pebble? It has a lot to take in, and I think you should definitely keep it. I think I'd understand the more personal aspect of it if I knew more about the situation you are writing it in. Are you going to give this to the person you are writing about?
Gina chapter 1 . 4/13/2003
This is definitely the most angry piece of writing I've ever read. I would certainly and selfishly love to read more but I don't want you to torture your soul to spin out another yarn. But if it's not too much trouble on your side,I would love to see chapter two.
MrMiss. Ghost chapter 1 . 4/12/2003
I completely agree with the first parenthesis. And we also make fun of people who try to protect nature.

Good writing. I liked the 'When I was...' stuff. Also the '...and I loved/love you for it.' Nyu. Want to write like that. But then it will be... donde esta la(o el) originality?

And again, I have much more to say but can't find the perfect words. Good stuff!
sweetspontaneous chapter 1 . 4/12/2003
this is so good i have absolutely no idea what i can say about it other than that i love it. just...wow. really. i can't come up with even one good adjective. really beautiful, really original- thankyou for writing this
Rose of Dresden chapter 1 . 4/12/2003
Ah God...this is so pretty. I love the "When I was..." lines...your prose is completely pretty, probing, poetic...connecting poetry and prose, really. I envy your prose talents, ach!

Wonderful -. Absolutely wonderful!