Reviews for She Wore White
firewitch1soulwriter chapter 1 . 11/17/2006
Beautiful. I agree as well, we do need peace.

-Britt
Lori Brennan chapter 1 . 4/1/2004
This is hard comment on. Every being is different and I don't always know what their thinking. That is why I love reading, to get that insight. I'm neive and in ways ignorant to the reality of war. I'm conflicted.
mmoonsshiner chapter 1 . 9/11/2003
i find it hard that a christian should talk of peace but everyone has their saving grace this is a great poem little do they know we're all victims. Nat
B. Ramos chapter 1 . 8/8/2003
its awesome! Everything was perfect, except the soldier part, that I'm sure you kinda 'corrected' it in your other poem.. You really got talent, spread it! D
Autumn Harvest chapter 1 . 5/8/2003
M... very touching.

Let's hope for the best, shall we?

Kaede
Gemtog4319 chapter 1 . 4/16/2003
OH MY GOD! HILARIOUS! This is the funniest story ever! Im about to vomit! The funniet part was the part with the Grandma and the pop tart quilt! AHZAH
kijochan chapter 1 . 4/14/2003
Wow, that was really beautiful. It really touches the soul.
N'Isil chapter 1 . 4/14/2003
very emotional. A wonderful piece of work :)

N'ISil
Kesshi Mashin chapter 1 . 4/14/2003
Aside from your depiction of the soldier, this was, I think, a very well written poem on war. I enjoyed reading it immensely. There's so much talent here...
ChaoxAngel chapter 1 . 4/14/2003
I can almost see talent Emanating from you in an aura. You are a great talent in writing, you can effective step in the shoes of the many characters you describe. But I'm afraid, while we could describe most of them, like us all, we have flaws of not understanding things completely. Well, I have to say that the only flaw you had is the aspect of describing the soldier. Tough like the harderned steel, it is brittle in cold water - main reason why liberty ships sunk in WWII, and probably why the Titanic sank, oh well, back to the topic...

Three things about Soldiers:

Soldiers Cry,

Soldiers Pray,

Soldiers Don't want to fight.

Wars hurt everybody, that's what I have to say... I guess...

...and Keep writing! I'm looking forward to read more of your writings, for they are all very heartfelt and skillfully written. :o)

DW
Sheila W chapter 1 . 4/14/2003
Wow a lovly poem...really beautiful.
SerAnonima chapter 1 . 4/13/2003
Very moving. Loved it very much.
Eileen Murray chapter 1 . 4/13/2003
So much said, in such stark simplicity.

The images are right there, in front of me, in her words; I love the "thin shift, sticky to her skin", and "it is a hawk,(clever!) not a dove". If this author is the "future"-then there is hope for her visions...and all human beings, white, yellow, black ,or those with "cinnamon skin"!

The only critique i would offer would be that of the image of the soldier: he is too one-sided. He KNOWS the FULL cost-sees the faces-lives with them in his mind forever,if he makes it home to do so. He suffers too-and prays; he is human, and most likely not too much older than this small child. Not HIS choice to go to war- all soldiers will tell you that they, too, prefer "peace".

A great deal of talent is evident here in Les Yeux Violets...i hope she develops it further in her future, and continues to gift us with her poetry.