Reviews for Wicca
Uindo no Miko chapter 1 . 3/7/2009
This is an excellent essay on Wicca. It's very informative, and the people who misunderstand Wicca should read something like this. Thank you for putting this up.
EdgeofFear chapter 1 . 10/25/2008
i liked reading this. I've recently discovered Wicca and decided it is the path for me. I have friends who are very religous, and very set against Wicca. I found this very informative, and i think I'll show it to them.

I liked it.

*Blessed Be*
Koi Dragon chapter 1 . 3/24/2008
Very inspiring. :)

I must add, though, from what I've heard, black is one of the main choices for robe colours because it shows respect for the followers who came before us, who wore black so they would not be caught by Christians as they had to sneak out in the night to do rituals.

Other then that, I enjoyed reading it. Thanks. :)
SilverDarkwood chapter 1 . 3/20/2008
good idea to write this essay fanfic. you hit on a lot of points that both the vatican and the church (well, i guess they're one in the same) have been trying to cover up for the past 20 years.
Crymson Tears chapter 1 . 3/8/2008
Merry Meet!

I'm so incredibly pleased to have come upon this. Thank you for enlightening people about our religion. I've had people come up to me and say that Wicca is only for gothic people, that Wicca has only been around in recent years, etc, and it made me so frustrated.

Crymson
kelsi bones chapter 1 . 5/2/2006
I think this is a good essay. To make it better, it would have been nice if you'd researched some of it online, like the fact that Wiccans follow the rule of "Rede": They are not allowed to hurt anyone else or themselves. You also said "in one friend's experience, it's like what you do will come back times three." Some Wiccan's call this the "Three Fold Way". Finally, you could mention why they don't like being called warlocks a bit more, and what the difference is.

Katrina
kuroi-urufu chapter 1 . 7/17/2005
I have to give respect for the sheer fact that you did write the essay with a reason, however you might want to check your facts more next time. First of all I think you meet paganism not just Wicca. Wicca is an off branch of paganism and has only been around for no more then 40 maybe 50 years.

Also the thing about the black robes bugged me. Black is not 'a more powerful color than others.' Black is used to repell negitividy. And doing ritual naked, or skyclad, has nothing to do with 'proving faith.' It only has to do with what that witch or group of witches, covens, want to do.

Wiccans and Pagans alike don't worship the devil, as you said, but it is stated as 'We do not accept the concept of “absolute evil,” nor do we worship any entity known as “Satan” or “The Devil” as defined by Christian Tradition. We do not seek power through the suffering of others, nor do we accept that personal benefits can only be derived by denial to another.' That being a quote from the Council of American Witches' Principles of Belief, number 12.

Also by stating the name Wicca you are sterotyping. There are many other types of PAGAN witches out there such as the Celtic Witch, of Pictish, Pow-Wow, Dianic, Eclectic andmany others.

The fact that I'm trying to get across is that, indeed, i do congradulate you for writing this essay in hopes of showing truth over those that judge but the fact is that in your hopes you have giving the first layer of truth and more sterotypes and half truths. If you wish more information you can get a hold of me and by my long... speech i have ment no harm of disrepect but only the off change to correct your misunderstanding on a topic as wind in range as this.

Have a nice day and merry meet, and merry part until we merry meet again.
colorguardgeek chapter 1 . 6/14/2005
great job!
Circus chapter 1 . 7/14/2004
Well done. You've written a good essay on this subject. There is one flaw, though. As I have read many times over, the Catholic church didn't 'make a connection' between the Pagan Gods and Satan, but, then powered by the need for religious and government power and threatened by Paganism, they fueled this connection by molding the image of Satan into a horned, hoofed man. Now it is just taken into belief that Witches worship an evil dude, because nobody really knows this, or if they do, they don't believe it. Mostly. Anyway, good job, much love, and blessed be.
Otisfrimpa chapter 1 . 7/9/2004
THANK YOU! It seems like everyone is placing Wiccans like myself in the category evil. This story helps non wiccans understand the truth. I will be using this story quite frequently! Lol. Thanks again!
K
perennialartist chapter 1 . 2/8/2004
Thank you very much for writing that and putting down the basics. I needed to know them. By the way, I really need your help. If you know good Wicca teaching websites, please email the links to me. I want to research this interesting topic more.
Mercy Pity Peace and Love chapter 1 . 1/9/2004
What type of Wicca are you talking about here? Alexandrian Wicca? Algard Wicca? American Eclectic Wicca? American Traditional Wicca? Arcadien Wicca? Bardic Wicca? British Traditional Wicca? Or the Wicca you've seen in movies and Buffy The Vampire Slayer?
It has not been around 'longer than any other religion in the current world'. Wicca, as you know and describe it, was founded in the 1970's. There was of course forms of paganism centuries ago, that evolved into modern religions like Christianity. But Wicca in its modern form did not exist centuries ago. All religions have evolved over time, and to say that one is the oldest is rather ridiculous.
Haven of the Shadows chapter 1 . 12/7/2003
hey, i really like your essay, I have been thinking about becoming wiccan, but I don't know as much about it as I would like to. If you have any websites or other stories that could help I would appreciate it alot. I looked at my library, glares. *Cough* Hick town *cough* Ahem. sorry, but it had no books that could help.
Chattox chapter 1 . 4/21/2003
A very nice little summary. Sums up the basics pretty well. Good job.

Blessed Be!
Silentlyx9219x chapter 1 . 4/19/2003
That was interesting, this has been a question that nobody could answer me for a while already. I've heard of this religion a few times, but i did not know what it was about. That was good of you to stand up for the religion.

I wasn't sure what kind of a religion it was until now. Although i'm a Christian, and don't intend on stop being one, it is a good thing to learn about other religions. I realize that many people who call themselves christians or catholics, have been giving people and other religions perhaps, a bad impression, and it sickens me too, everyone has the right to believe what they want to believe.

Anyhow, thank you a lot for clearing this up for me.