Reviews for Brother Sun, Sister Moon
Unfinished Author chapter 73 . 1/12/2004
Another great addition. I loved all the dreams... but why do i get the feeling that they're all going to die?
ChocolateStrawberriez chapter 73 . 1/11/2004
This is a really good story! I don't really know if i'm happy or sad that it's ending!
Magejip Hunstler chapter 7 . 1/11/2004
I liked the introduction of the twins, you can see how different they have become, through what has been taught them.
I like the tone of this story so far, it's really dark and pagan, i really like it.
Magejip Hunstler chapter 4 . 1/11/2004
Another chapter by Aurion, great, i love the way you write these, it seems different from the previous chapters i read, giving me a sense of his personality.
I especially liked the description of the prophetess, that was quite graphic!
(You know, i'm starting to think i have too much spare time on my hands!)
Magejip Hunstler chapter 3 . 1/11/2004
Where exactly did the Dorians come from? why did they come there in the first place?
I liked the descriptions of the different religons, and their oppostion to each othe., It was very interesting.
Magejip Hunstler chapter 2 . 1/11/2004
A good chapter, again written really well.
A couple of times you used the same words, really close together, i think it was 'mountains' in this chapter which makes it sound a bit odd.
The amount of new names had the potential to confuse greatly, but you handled it well, and i wasn't (that) confused at all. I also liked the way you characterized the different tribes.
You also are good at creating dramatic sitations, or last lines that seem to draw the reader in, like the last line in the priests POV.
I'm guessing that the two people who got away are the ones the priest was talking about.
i'm gonna keep on reading.
Magejip Hunstler chapter 1 . 1/11/2004
Okat, can't believe that i'm gonna start reading this, it's huge!
I liked the whole flow and style of this, it was almost musical, especially the beginning.
But anyways, a good introduction, it was quite dark, and draws you in. The character seems to be reflected in this writing, i escpecially liked the 2nd paragraph, it seemed very cynical and bitter.
I also like the way you ended it with three short lines, my favourite being the last.
Anyways, on to the next chapter.
RonethDragon Tiamat chapter 73 . 1/10/2004
yes, the dream format works. just wanted to let you know that i'm constantly waiting for the next chapter...
Limyaael chapter 73 . 1/10/2004
That was worth waiting for.
For the record, I think the italics worked, though I didn't expect so many dream scenes. I'm also wondering if all of them will come true. If only a few chapters remain, how can they?
I'm also a little puzzled by the content of Nefertarin's dream. "She saw the Shrine for what it was"- does that mean she hadn't been sure it was the Shrine and suddenly recognized it? Or something else?
Poor Aurion. He's the character I feel sorriest for right now, even given how Nefertarin and Talanion will probably end. They seemed to make their choices, most of the time. Aurion got trapped in destiny.
Looking forward to the conclusion!
-Limyaael.
NewbiaTheElf chapter 73 . 1/10/2004
Maybe it's just me, but there is some sublte foreshadowing that appears to mean that things won't turn out perfectly. The entire chapter could be sumed up in a paragraph (or even a sentence:"Before departing, Delorin had warned him about ill omens regarding this expedition.") basically saying that the story would have a sad ending. Of course, you said it also right in the very first chapter, so most likely that's on purpose. If it is, then other then that nothing happened to furthur the plot aside from a lot of bad omens we already expected, it was written well as usual and I liked the part with Aurion's mom.
BbHtrYoink chapter 73 . 1/10/2004
I like this chapter. There's obviously a lot of symbolism and foreshadowing and all that stuff we learned about in high school, but even more than that, theres a sense of continuity. Maybe everything will fall apart next week, or tomorrow, or an hour from now, but for now everything moves relentlessly foward.
I am curious about what's happening with the characters. Am I correct in thinking that Talanion will kill Nefertarin by mistake, like in his dream? And what IS going on with the Void and Nefertarin? Is she going to be consumed by it after all? That seems odd. Why is Aurion's dream hopeful, and why does Talanion give him a look of understanding?
I suppose I'll just have to read on to find out! )
Isawa-Ryoma chapter 72 . 1/8/2004
Nyar-harharhar! I've finally done it!
Ahem..hehe, I meant that I've read all 72 chapters and am ready to deliver a review that I hope is worthy of the story.
As I've stated in previous reviews, your world is so ... completely alive. You seem to have created an entire world just for the story, and you've made great stories about each character, making them very much alive.
I also like the idea of incest-by-prophecy. Mind you, while it is after all a touchy issue, I like the way you handled the scenes between Tal and Nef; not too graphic, but enough to show off the action.
Finally, I like the concept that both have an insane love-hate relationship going on. The balance of Nef's emotionlessness and Tal's raging madness are what keep the two incheck, although it might not for long, right? :D
My greatest thing in the story that I'd like to see some improvement would be the sequence of chapters. Some of Aurion's letters seem a bit wrongly placed, and it takes me a bit of time to figure out what precisely is happening when. I'd also like to see more detail into the scenes, not just the characters, so that everything would be clearer to more casual readers.
All in all, a great work, and I want to see how it all ends! Also, I don't want an Aurion plushie, I want a Nefertarin plushie! Now, darn it! lol. :D Good luck!
The Ruin chapter 4 . 1/5/2004
M... delicious detail. Repetition, variation and fantastic writing are making this a very compelling and intriguing piece. I am very much enjoying it so far!
The Ruin chapter 3 . 1/5/2004
I would say this is my favourite chapter so far. Quite short, but very effective, and I like the religions. They seem original but ring faintly of old religions/mythology which is a good thing.
I like the way things are progressing with the twins as well. The flashes from the past add a good amount of intrigue. Very interesting!
Thanks also for the review. I've edited the chapter to (hopefully) make it a bit less confusing. It was a tricky one and I was aware it could be confusing for the reader, so thanks for letting me know!
Snarks chapter 10 . 1/3/2004
I have finally begun reading this and I kick myself for not having started sooner. There is so much detail - and in such vivid clarity - that I can see how much time and effort you devote to this story. And it's persented in a unique way, in my opinion. The way that you show the past is not the usual "info dump" that so many authors (myself grudgingly included) make use of. Instead, you progress it in a manner that reveals important information without overloading us with too much too soon.
It's late though, so I have to bid this goodnight. I will definately be back to finish!
Wootang
ps. Thanks for all the reviews you've given me, they've been more than helpful.
765 | « Prev Page 1 .. 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 20 .. Last Next »