Reviews for Brother Sun, Sister Moon
Rai Kamishiro chapter 3 . 10/5/2003
All right, so your story is better in scenery than most. I am filled with happy anticipation.

The religeons are nicely creative, but not too strange to remember.

Rai Kamishiro

PS: Once Bitten is going to turn bloody. And R rated if it isn't all ready. Sigh. I expect lots of flames in the name of good taste for this one.
Rai Kamishiro chapter 2 . 10/5/2003
A nice setting of the time and place, but a little placid in terms of original plot (Two special children of sun and moon, yin and yang, that will bring the fall of an empire, and so on) But I hope you with your usual flare can take it past the cliche.

Rai Kamishiro

Ps: Forever Yours, Hel was written a long time ago, but I still like it, and I'm happy you did too. _
Rai Kamishiro chapter 1 . 10/5/2003
Ashes to Ashes, dust to dust.

You have to love that phrase.

And so I'm going to attempt to get through your 60-something chaptered monolith. May the Lord of Nightmares have mercy on me.

Not to say I'm not going to enjoy every minute of it.

Rai Kamishiro

PS: Thank you for the review of Through the Night.

It stared with a mental image of Jack the Ripper conspiring (?) with a stray cat.

Thanks for the little note, you were right, so I went back and fixed it. _

Eh, most people are so imbossed in their own supiriority that they never pause to think that a cat could be smarter than they are.
DrunkenMonkeyKing chapter 4 . 10/4/2003
Wow, that was very well done, and slightly creepy. I like how you described the oracle, I could almost actually see her, and the way she kept on laughing... br!

I like Aurion, he's becoming a very interesting, umm... I'm not quite sure if he's hero or villian yet. Guessing villain.
RivanKnight chapter 68 . 10/3/2003
woh! this is a new side of Tal!

never expected him to act this way..

the 2 guys are acting so childishly but it was rather fun to read them hurling insults at one another.. how undignified.. hee hee

Poor Nef, im feeling a stab of pity for her.. stuck between 2 men she loved for different reasons. perhaps this 'sleep' is well-needed. poor girl is under alot of pressure and strain!

cant wait for the next chapter!

did i mention i love the highpriest turning into a pile of ash part?

i love it!
RivanKnight chapter 66 . 10/3/2003
hiya

I can see you put in alot of effort in this chapter. Very well written! So there is a special relationship between Nef and Aurion. I sorta guessed there was more than meets the eye btw these two.

It's a very special relationship that will be sacred for them and I think Tal will obviously never understand why Nef did what she did. Jealousy non?

I wish Aurion the best of health! heh

off to read the next chapter now

RK
The baava Project chapter 68 . 10/2/2003
*sob* That was so good! SO GOOD! Want me to say it again? Okay. SO GOOD! lol

"Talanion does something unexpected in this chapter. He even surprised me." heeheehee, do I know all about that! That happens to me a lot . . . but what Talanion has done was superb . . . and so is what Aurion has gone through.

_ I love the small details and thoughts that you infuse your stories with. I'm curious, will you truly show us the Void? If it's at all possible, please do . . . from Nefertarin's point of view or not, but I want to feel and see it like you've shown me and made me feel for everything else in this wonderful, twisted, dark, demented, enthralling tale.

Totally off the subject, "inamusha" is a neat word. I had to say it out loud to be able to read it easily and it was fun to say.

Sermolenus and Aurion . . . that whole exchange gave me the heebie jeebies, but it was good.

*sighs happily* MORE! PLEASE!

your flightly reader,

LoK
The baava Project chapter 67 . 10/2/2003
Ack, missed a couple of updates . . . It was my birthday last week (woo hoo!) and I had all kinds of people visiting my house from all over the continent. hehe

O_O Werecat! OMG, WHAT A CLIFFHANGER! AH!

Okay, this was a fantastic chapter. I could just SEE it all. LMFAO, Kran is a fantastic character. He and Feranian. Love them both.

*sniff sniff* Poor Nefertarin . . . I think being slapped like that is one of the worst feelings in the world. Seriously.

"Lecherous ghoul!"

"Insolent brat!"

Again, HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! You have such intense feelings raging here, it's just too awesome for words.

OMG, I swear this is going to kill me. I'll be back soon for the next chappie!

ja,

LoK
giygas666 chapter 68 . 10/1/2003
Sermolenus...had a crush on Aurion...ugh! I hope it was Aurion's spell that got him first. I can't wait to see his 'second death.'

I recalled that the Necromancers had a certain immunity to poisons, so it didn't shock me to learn that Nefertarin didn't perish. But the Void is another story. And this is one thing her brother can't protect her from; maybe this will finally teach him a lesson. Now that he's powerless to do anything, he can see what an arrogant fool he's been.

And Aurion actually being scared...never thought I'd see the day. He and Talanion may fight like kittens, but it seems that they're a bit more alike than they'd like to admit.

These chapters keep getting better; I'm eager for more. You mentioned some kind of earthquake early in this chapter...it's Ellerian, right? Oh, boy...
Katiefoolery chapter 2 . 9/30/2003
I love the names you use: Akretera, the Dreamless Ocean, Lanarie. . . They give the impression of a world fully-realised. Your language is so poetic and visual. Wot do I think so far? It's a fascinating beginning and it feels as though there's a big and exciting story to come. As for this chapter, I don't see why you couldn't have all of the elements in chronological order. 'It was the green jewel of the High Seas' is a wonderful opening sentence. But I see the next chapter has the changes in time as well, so that kind of cancels out wot I was saying.

I shall read on!
Katiefoolery chapter 1 . 9/30/2003
This is a wonderfully lyric and haunting prologue. Too many prologues are just an excuse for the author to explain the world we're about to enter. Thankfully, yours is completely different. You've hinted and suggested and tantalised me with these few paragraphs. I especially appreciated your explanatory remarks where you wrote that things would be 'revealed through the story' - that's exactly the way it should be! Congratulations on a well-crafted beginning.

(And I believe I have the honour of writing the five-hundredth review for this story! Kudos to you, Werecat!)
Unfinished Author chapter 68 . 9/30/2003
50ppl? come on guys if you got to chapter 68 you must have read all of the others - have some respect!

wow : that was amazing *skips around room* yeay shes alive... maybe tals light-his fire can bring her back... will he go into the void after her perhaps? hm... certainly something to ponder, another brilliant addition to your story, i can't wait to hear more!
FrankensteinJr chapter 68 . 9/29/2003
Please explain this to me: By the time this is typed, 60 chapters have been written till the recent chapter. (I know, you have enhanced stats page).

Out of the 60 chapter, 497 have left a review.

I have followed the story so far, please, let me know what you think of it. Thanks.
Limyaael chapter 68 . 9/29/2003
Hah! *Knew* it was Sermolenus who stabbed Nefertarin!

I'm somewhat disappointed he got off so easily, though of course there's no way that Aurion or Talanion would have treated him gently. Maybe he knew that, and that was the reason he forced them to kill him.

I do have one question, though: Given that his magic is so easy to command, couldn't he have escaped Talanion's command at any time?

I wonder why the Void has claimed Nefertarin now. Given that the goddess has plans for them, it seems as though this is the time when they should both be up and moving. Or perhaps Talanion will start whatever it is that the goddess wants through his attempt to take Nefertarin back?

Great work, as always.

-Limyaael.
shadowycat chapter 68 . 9/29/2003
Don't worry. Just because people don't leave a review doesn't mean they don't like what you've done. Sometimes they just don't know what to say...or don't want to say nothing more than "Wow...good job." :) I know that Nefertarin was afraid of the Void, but previous chapters made it seem like an almost living thing that would ensnare her and keep her trapped. This chapter made it seem as if it's a place that she retreated to of her own free will and can leave whenever she wishes...a refuge from pain. Which is it? I do hope poor Aurion doesn't have to take his own life over this. It hardly seems fair.
765 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 28 .. Last Next »