Reviews for Brother Sun, Sister Moon
shadowycat chapter 67 . 9/29/2003
You're right...Talanion was far harder on his woman and her lover than Snape was. But then, as you say, Talanion is insane. I was very impressed with Kran, though. He showed far more sense than I'd have credited him with. I hope he wasn't the one who threw the dagger...we'll see. Nice fight...very well described.
The B.A.T chapter 68 . 9/29/2003
Amazing. Absolutely magnificent. This is perhaps the most breathtaking chapter I've read. Like hell, this was long! No, no. This is reasonable chapter range, I assure you. You're right, though; I don't think this could have been split into two parts. But that makes it all the more better for me, for two reasons:

1) I don't have to wait another chapter to find out how this one concluded.

2) Since you and I know people don't like reading "long" chapters (lazy bastards, lol), that makes me the first to review! YATTA!

I was really taken aback and impressed by Talanion's willingness to swallow his pride and beg. Strange how he could not concede to the love of his life, but he conceded to Aurion. Semininass finally got what was coming to him, and I'm glad to see some collaboration between the "ghoul" and the madman. I wonder if Aurion summoned the Lord of Decay for Sermolenus' worthless hide? But what baffles me further is the fact that Aurion never explained the prophecy that entailed both the Void and the Madness. If there were any way to accelerate any chances to revive Nef, I would have thought it vital for Tal to know what lay in store for him. I'm assuming that Aurion will in fact die next time. Is this when he tells Feranion to return home? Or will Aurion retreat, or even plead to remain in the fight until the Hive is defeated, then accept ritual suicide? Oh, my goodness. It's been so long since I've written a review this long, lol. And I finished reading a section of the Odyssey yesterday. Taking a look back into this story, did you get the name Nestus, from the name, Nestor? Both were known for their wisdom, so I would think you did, what with the roots of Nefertarin's name and such. Geez... you seem to be very knowledgeable in so many different forms of mythology, I can't help but envy you. I need to refresh myself in Greek/Roman, then I need to REALLY start looking at all other forms, lol. But I'm digressing.

Why does Aurion seem to despise Kilyha so? I don't know... it just felt like tension was there, is all. But this was a truly amazing chapter. I can't help but keep declaring favorites as I progress through this. Keep it up!

-Yusef "The B.A.T." Pittman
DrunkenMonkeyKing chapter 3 . 9/28/2003
Great, your story is getting more interesting chapter after chapter. I can see why it has gotten so many reviews. Don't worry about feeling like you have to review me just because i reviewed you. The only thing I really want reviews on is my stories, and those are pretty shoddy compared to this great piece of work you've got going. Wow, 67 chapters? How long have you been working on this?
Loganberry chapter 24 . 9/28/2003
Hmm. Perhaps they fear enough, and perhaps not. And "until morning, or until reinforcements came" seems a dangerously vague thing to put one's trust in, albeit probably the only realistic hope.

Is the distinction between the spellings of "demons" and "[Sea] Daemon" deliberate here? (Blame Mr Pullman for my noticing that! ;) ) Still, I very much like the way you describe them - very vivid and unpleasant, as they should be.
DrunkenMonkeyKing chapter 2 . 9/27/2003
Another good chapter on this one. I have one small piece of advice to suggest though. It seems like you throw out alot of names in the beginning. I like the names, but it might be confusing as there were alot of them. Exotic names are sometimes hard to remember and distinguish. But anyway, you did alot of good stuff with this chapter. The birth of the twins along with the birthmarks is very interesting.
DrunkenMonkeyKing chapter 1 . 9/27/2003
Wow, great intro!

You added a really cool mystical feel to it, while giving the reader a hint of things to come. Sorry it took me so long to return the review, I've been kinda busy lately. This is really good.
Unfinished Author chapter 67 . 9/27/2003
I was about to post my next theory: that nef. dies soon.. but it seems you've beatenme to it.. and as for who wins... hm i'd say i'd bet on aurion since he's on homeground and well... he's aurion... but then tal does have the whole blinding rage thing going on...
The B.A.T chapter 67 . 9/27/2003
You're kidding me... Nef? Of all people, NEF? NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! That just doesn't HAPPEN! I ought to smack Talanion upside his big hypocritical head! I can't say Aurion should know better; after all, that's the actual first time he performed the ritual without the "ritualistic inclinations", or simply put... 'did his duty' instead of doing his duty. But Talanion started this downward spiral, and I just want to see someone finish it. Please, oh please let Nef be alive. She's not dead just yet. You said the outcome will be decided next chapter. I'm sure Semeninass had something to do with this; poisons are his specialty. But I don't think he was the only one... last time I checked, throwing knives/daggers wasn't his forte. There's another party involved, and I would not be surprised if it were Tal's best friend. This chapter, as the previous was your greatest triumph, is your funniest triumph. Especially the slinging of words at one another. "...a new duel." LOLOLOLOLOL! To much, I say! I enjoyed reading this chapter. Then again, I enjoy reading ALL your chapters.

-Yusef "The B.A.T." Pittman
Limyaael chapter 67 . 9/26/2003
Wow. That was far more violent, both verbally and physically, than I suspected.

I think it was Talanion's madness that most stunned me. Yes, he'd been going steadily more insane, but somehow I'd thought that his games with Nefertarin were part of their relationship- not abuse, but an integral dance of personalities. It seems they aren't. His words to Nefertarin have probably shattered their bond forever.

I don't entirely approve of Aurion's behavior either, of course. In fact, he should be old enough to know better, if anyone should.

I do hope that Nefertarin gets her own back in further chapters, assuming she doesn't die right away. She seemed rather weak and weepy in this chapter.

I firmly believe that Sermolenus threw that dagger. On no evidence, of course ;).

-Limyaael.

P.S. I imagine that Talanion will die, if only because Aurion at the beginning (I think) says that he knew Nefertarin and Talanion long ago, which should indicate that they died before he did.
giygas666 chapter 67 . 9/26/2003
That...bastard! Talanion...is...a...bastard! How dare he call Nefertarin a whore, when he goes off and has sex with every woman under the sun? I was overjoyed to see Aurion beat the hell out of him. Aurion didn't even have to lay a finger on Talanion; his acidic words more than sufficed.

And now, because of them all, Nefertarin...

Update soon, I beg you!
shadowycat chapter 66 . 9/25/2003
It was a little unclear whether or not they actually made love again once they'd finished the coupling that banished the danger, but I believe they did. You've really woven a complicated web here. Aurion achieves his heart's desire, but must face the wrath of Death and Talanion as well. Frankly of the two, I'd rather face Death. I don't think he's as sadistic. :) And what will Nefertarin do? Will she defend Aurion? Or will she stand with her increasingly insane brother. Fascinating and beautifully written as always. :)
The baava Project chapter 66 . 9/25/2003
Oh, man. I honestly think this has been your best chapter yet, in a masterful work of writing in the past 66! I can see why you've been anxious for reader's thoughts on it . . . this is something to truly be proud of.

I have followed this story closely since I stumbled on it (how long ago now? lol) and I have waited for each proceeding chapter, knowing you would not disappoint me. _ And, I think I have a pretty good idea of who your characters are by now . . .

And can say that this chapter was truly touching. It's a fantastic way for help to come to Aurion, and I just about cried when Nefertarin told him she'd always loved him. I'm terrified for him now, though I myself love he and Nef and Talanion all in my own way, and I'm also sad that Tal will have to deal with this (or not, he could just go berserk). Speaking of that, I'm scared for Nef too!

Great last lines. I could just picture the smile Aurion had.

_ MORE! Your talent is so fantastic! okawadi, haiyaku! ne, ne!

ja ne,

LoK
shadowycat chapter 64 . 9/25/2003
I liked Lekinus. I'm glad you let him die honorably and in peace. He was definitely one of the most admirable characters in the story.
shadowycat chapter 63 . 9/25/2003
Looks like Talonion has gone off the deep end. He's become very bitter and cruel. I'd love to know what Nefertarin thinks about all this. It's obvious that's she's not happy, but she's certainly not actively protesting either.
Unfinished Author chapter 66 . 9/25/2003
That was amazing, i can see why you left it till now, it has a great effect after seeing all that tal and nef have been through together. I absoultely loved it! i can't wait for the confrontation..! i can't help but wonder however whether nef had another motive... perhaps as well has giving aurion a nice time she was also getting back at tal for his numerous mistress's? maybe thats just my evil mind ticking away... Anyway i hope aurion has another eagle pin cuz i don't think tal's gonna be too pleased... or maybe nef will bail him out... hm... great chapter though i can see why its so special it's totally superb well done indeed!
765 | « Prev Page 1 .. 9 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 29 .. Last Next »