Reviews for Brother Sun, Sister Moon
Gauy chapter 79 . 2/24/2004
I just finished reading the story... finally. An interesting end to a good story. Though I was expecting it to end the other way around.
The line "A torn parchment from Nefertarin's journal, one of the few that survived the fire" kinda threw me off.
But, still a good story.
Am I right to assume that Talanion died along with his sister? Sorry, sometimes I don't understand the simpliest things...
Again, I must say good story and I'll have to read some of your other related stories too along with the sequel, if there is one.
BTW, I'm not sure if I said this already, but thanks for the reviews.
DeeEe chapter 78 . 2/23/2004
I'm impressed! You finished it! I was checking emails and such and got one from you. I'm glad I came over and finished reading it. I wish I had time to review EVERY chapter. It would be difficult though.
Thanks for reviewing my stuff. I did add to "Songs of Sadness." The main reason being is that I was inspired to finish it the way you finished yours.
Hopefully I'll get around to those other ones. *grins* Back to your story. I was so sad that the siblings died but you tied it in so well. It wasn't rushed ever, especially not with the death scene. Are you planning on trying to publish this? If so I might buy a copy and see how much they change it.
I also love the explanation for why twins were choosen. Brother and sister who loved each other as much as the Goddess loved her brother. I also love how Aurion's part came in. It was so sad. I wonder where Belial was when he was about to die. Cats can be strange like that. :)
shadowycat chapter 79 . 2/20/2004
Bravo! Bravo! Excellent story, my dear. Truly gripping and fascinating. So complex. You created some very imaginative and incredibly well rounded characters and a whole world full of interesting details with an intriguing underlying mythos. You should be very proud because it's a terrific accomplishment. I really enjoyed reading it. Thanks for sharing. :)
Gauy chapter 73 . 2/19/2004
I meant to review this chapter long ago when you first uploaded it. However, it slipped my mind.
Anyway, a good chapter ... makes me curious about what happens next. Now that the story is finished, I guess I'll find out. Then I guess I'll provide you with a final review or two.
Darwin chapter 79 . 2/18/2004
Bravo! Bravo!
Excelente! My dear friend you have a very well written piece of work here, and I one day would like to see your name in print!
These last three chapters tied so much up and yet left so much open for more to come..."Legacy of Fire" I am so looking forward to it!
Take care and hope to see your author alerts soon! No rush of course...Can't ever rush when it comes to creativity!
Otherwise it is mush! LOL...OK now I know it has been a long day!
Take care!
darwin
Darwin chapter 76 . 2/18/2004
Oh...
I was confused by the one line where you said "It was a matter of time before the lashes cut through his sister's life" it took me three times reading it to finally realize that you meant that if he did not do something that would be her fate...Got it now!
Good chapter! I keep this up I will be late for college!
darwin
Darwin chapter 75 . 2/18/2004
Ah! The ties that bring the story together! Outstanding.
sorry for being less than gracious about my reviewing of late! I have been busy, as I see have you! Very good chapter!
Looking forward to where this all goes! Will give you another review in a couple of chapters!
Darwin
Unfinished Author chapter 79 . 2/18/2004
well well, after all this time its finally finished, a true masterpiece werecat you should be as proud as a new mother nursing a litter! We've all seen you rise from comitting a few common mistakes to pure purfection, and i'd like to say that there's nothing better than an ending where no one lives! A truly touching piece, as fluid and as twisting as the spring streams! Lots of congrats and bow if you please as we all cheer you off your magnificent stage (*wo*)
Rose Dark Thorn chapter 79 . 2/17/2004
One of the most exquisite stories I have ever read, if not a touch tearful. I don't think I'll ever see one like this again.
Blood And Laughter is the only one that comes close to this.
And you can bet anything in the world that, if there's a sequel, I'll be reading it without even a look at the summary. Who neds to look at your summaries when I already know that you write such lovely stories? My writing talents will never level with yours. I am extremely envious.
I loved it, and I certainly hope that it does get published, because I want to buy the book. _ Edit it as you wish, but make sure it is published, because I want to keep this story at my bedside if you do. It is a tale for night and it would be something extroadinary for every reader to read.
Belail doesn't know what he's laughing about. This story deserves more than what you could ever get for it. Do us all a favor and create more like this absolutely awe-inspiring piece.
Daranak chapter 79 . 2/17/2004
The end was worthy of any tragedy...
I did think it was bit too abrupt, however. The confrontation with the - whatever it was - somehow lacked the epic feel I believe it should have had. I didn't feel they were fighting a divine being. And the aftermath, as seen in Aurion's last chapter, was glossed over a bit too quickly.
I'm sad at Aurion's loss, although it would have felt deux ex machina if you'd found a last-minute way for him to live.
Phoenix Ignition chapter 1 . 2/16/2004
Interesting. . .This seems to be the most popular thing on the site (You really need to publish your stuff, if you haven't already), so I've been meaning to post a review for it. . .
Incidentally, how much of this centers on incest? Because I want to read it, but incest creeps me out. . .
JessieRose chapter 16 . 2/16/2004
Wow! This is absolutely amazing! I have only read up to chapter 16, but so far this story is brilliant and i cannot find any fault with it! _
~Tamarisk~
giygas666 chapter 79 . 2/15/2004
Congratulations, and thank you for bringing me along this fantastic, chilling, heartwarming, humorous, poignant, wonderful journey. Through this novel and your other spinoff works, you've created a world of magic and mystery and love and hate and betrayal and heroism-a world that seems alive and real. Your characters aren't merely words on a page; they come across more like real, living people. The story is colorful and gripping. To say that I loved it is truly an understatement.
You are an excellent writer, simply put, and like all of your work this novel is *very* poetic, but here you are at your very best. In regard to style and grammar usage there are many spots that could use a little fixing up, and you should definitely get in touch with a good editor. Overall, however, this was very well written. English isn't even your native language, yet I must say, you have an excellent command of it.
Having written a novel myself, I can definitely empathize with what you must have gone through while bringing this story to life. And you certainly did it quicker than me; my novel, New Dawn Rising, is the product of over five years of work. And I can only imagine the difficulty of doing it in a foreign language, so I admire and respect you for this.
I think you should get this published and into print- never mind how much Belial may laugh! If it shows up at my local bookstore, rest assured that I'll buy it!
Needless to say, I loved this. Thank you. :)
-Giygas
El Wraith chapter 79 . 2/15/2004
In my experience, there is nothing more beautiful or more painful than the end of a good story. A quest is over, characters are dead or grieving for the departed, and I feel as if a wonderful part of my life is now closed to me. Not only have I lost dear friends; I've had to leave a whole world behind, when there is still so much more to see and learn.
But that makes it sound as though I didn't like the conclusion, which is entirely untrue. I loved it, for all its bittersweet closure. It did not come as too much of a surprise that Talanion and Nefertarin would die; I'm glad that they ended up choosing their own passing (more or less), and that it served such a profound purpose. Still, I couldn't help sniffling a little . . .
Aurion's death was even more difficult to read; it was more peaceful, perhaps, but also cold and wistful, as he reviews the things that took place in the last days of his life, and the people he wished to see again. Well-written, and very sad. I hope he knew that Belial returned to him in the end.
As for the epilogue . . . I cried when I read it. It was actually quite gentle, hinting at happiness for Talanion and Nefertarin, and some form of rest for Aurion. It made me happy and sad at once, as all epilogues should.
I never noticed how or when I became so attached to this tale, but the ache I feel for individual characters - and for Akretera itself - is surprisingly intense, like an echo of leaving dear friends or family behind. I've hugged as many cats as I can find in this house, to be sure that they are still real.
I'm in your debt. You've shown me a stunningly lovely world, introduced me to amazing people, and told me a wonderful story. I, and countless other people, owe you all of those things in return.
Thank you, Werecat. _ As always, I look forward to future writings, and I do believe I'll be reading through some of those earlier pieces on Akretera. A thousand blessings on "Brother Sun, Sister Moon" itself; gods willing, the whole world will fall in love with it someday.
giygas666 chapter 78 . 2/15/2004
And so the Goddess takes her rightful place in the world as the Tree of Dreams... But with Akretera still in a state of tribal war and the bastard prince still about and these rumors surounding Aurion, there are still a few questions about Akretera's future. But it's best to leave these open for us to ponder, since 'no story is ever truly finished.'
765 | « Prev Page 1 .. 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 .. Last Next »