Reviews for Nineteen
akaSummer chapter 1 . 9/28/2005
This is AMAZING. It really hits home, because I have a friend who will be going off to the army next summer. Kudos.

Summer
Lori Brennan chapter 1 . 4/1/2004
People are people, what does matter what uniform they have, so true. Your poem is startling. The people who start the wars (politicians of all nations) don't fight them! They stay out of harms way and gorge on the results.
B. Ramos chapter 1 . 8/8/2003
Its sad, but its true. How many lives were wasted in these wars all over the world? Instead of peace, humans seek for greatness... But one day they'll see they're wrong, we just hope it doesn't take long.. Till there, we read your fabulous poems, right? Its just awesome! You're pretty good.
crackers chapter 1 . 6/17/2003
*cries* so sad! wah! good poem though really touching *snifflez*
ChaoxAngel chapter 1 . 4/19/2003
I'm so very touched by your poetic graces... I mean, it really makes me cry.

I would wear that same fresh-pressed dark green uniform in about a month's time, and I am grasping the idea of what I would be going through.

Soldiers are doing it for their homes and their loved ones, and If they had to sacrifice themselves to do so, they would - I would too.

Soldiers who read this will cry in one way or the other, I'm quite sure.

DW
Kesshi Mashin chapter 1 . 4/18/2003
This was... I don't think beautiful is the right word... stirring. I... I can't find the words to describe it. It's just... Good. VERY good. You're such a great writer. Something like the life of a soldier, expressed so well... This was... yeah. *smiles* I thoroughly enjoyed reading this piece (so much so that I'm sending it to a few of my AIs right now!) Please keep writing! You're such a treasure. _
Pardalis chapter 1 . 4/18/2003
Not your best? It might have meaning to others that make it better than you could guess... as it does for me. Awesome poem, sadening, but still good.