Reviews for My Life
emptyword chapter 1 . 1/5/2006
And so you've captured the plight of second generation Asians. *laughs* Or so the stereotype says at any rate. I've never considered my parents to be "Asian parents," so how is it that I understand perfectly where you're coming from? :) Nicely done.
Quid Scipio chapter 1 . 12/7/2004
holy fuck. and i thought i was the solitary chinese out there with parents like that. *shrugs* you can't win against them, so i guess you've gotta cave in to their demands. um, yeah. go azn people. V V

TTL

V is for vaness!
Sallymander chapter 1 . 2/24/2004
Wow it's really good. Again, sort of like me...it's the same with all Chinese parents.
Agathy chapter 1 . 2/8/2004
This is a really lovely poem, and although I can't really relate (my parents would fall over laughing if I told them I wanted to be a doctor), I think it's great that you can turn your sadness/anger into such a lyrical poem. I am a fan of your writing )
through these jaded eyes chapter 1 . 1/17/2004
i know how you feel.
archeima chapter 1 . 1/12/2004
omg, that was really good. it sounds stupid 4 me to say this, but i really do relate to this. chinese parents are always like that. well, mostly...
archeima
Kinkybell chapter 1 . 12/4/2003
Tht just like my life. if tht true thn u have a way wit wrds.
if it made up u have a v gd imagination
x
simran1 chapter 1 . 11/11/2003
sorry i cant be bothered to log in. i completely know what you mean. i'm indian, so i'm not allowed boyfriends, make up etc, and i also have to be the best at everything, if its not full marks its not good enough. i've written something myself like this, but not just contricted to work, more like the way my parents just rule my life. i'l just like to say i understand and can relate to how you feel, and i'd appreciate it if you'd check out my stuf and tell me what you think. keep writing!

simran
Leetspeaker chapter 1 . 11/1/2003
This is beautiful. I know exactly how you feel. You're asian aren't you?
jules2206 chapter 1 . 10/29/2003
hey, you reviewed my poem Angel a while back, so I thought id return the favour, [btw you asked if he died, yeah sadly he did, i wrote that a few hours after he died and it means a lot to me that someone likes it so thanks],

i really like this poem, how it rhymes really well, parents are often a pain in the ass huh? anyway keep writing BUHBAI!
xAmethystx chapter 1 . 10/19/2003
I totally symphatise with you. Go show your parents this... it may help... After reading this, i do feel very fortunate to have parents who let me make my own choices. I know a couple of people who are still controlled by their parents in every single way!
mishidoll chapter 1 . 9/1/2003
PERFECT is the only word that comes to mind after reading this. Perfectly stated...nicely done.
Dying Angel13 chapter 1 . 7/20/2003
like your style of writing it's really great. I sometimes feel that way too, like yyou have no say in anything and that you don't own anything,not even your life.
Baby Milo chapter 1 . 7/11/2003
That's sad are they really like that? Good job anyway!
Footprints chapter 1 . 6/15/2003
Simple poem. True, yet not true. I suggest that you try to refine it. :) Cheery!

PS. Don't worry about shallow poems. Mine are too. But you will learn.