Reviews for Song of the Genre
NotMyShoes chapter 1 . 6/26/2008
I absolutely love this! It's so freaking funny! Great work.

~NotMyShoes
K. Silence chapter 1 . 5/23/2007
bravo! you've captured 70's and 80's horror movie genre precisely. why can we never get enough of dead teenagers? i like the sarcasm in this poem. the last line is key. i've been reading some of your stuff. i read some of genteel obsession a couple of years ago, and it's safe to say you're probably one of the better writers that inhabit fictionpress.
Virgo Child chapter 1 . 5/15/2005
Ah, this makes me long for the days when Michael Myers still had some dignity left and Jason hadn't been shot into outer space to become Super Shredder on steroids... Not that I was really alive in the 70s or for much of the 80s, of course, but the celluloid memories speak for themselves. And damn right that creep's not dead! When are they just going to learn that no matter how many rounds they unload into the psychos' heads, they're just gonna get back up again? Kudos to capturing the essence of the genre fans who remember life before "Scream". :)
SilverWaters2.0 chapter 1 . 4/13/2004
LOL! That was great. I always say the same thing about those movies. The other thing that always cracked me up, in movies young and old, was when the girl being chased would run UPstairs...yeah...that's the smart thing to do. But, I guess chest size was more important than brains. Can't watch brains bounce when she runs. ::sigh:: Men...'nuff said...
Ed-the-female chapter 1 . 6/23/2003
*laughs* absolutely correct. :) nice rhymin' and funny concept. make more!