Reviews for The Ancient Butterfly Dance
AppleCrumble chapter 1 . 10/25/2011
Loved it, pure brilliance and it was wonderful :-D
Irish Eyes 63 chapter 1 . 6/22/2009
I really love this. Absouletly incredible. You use so many different languages of words and the choice of the words you use makes it so much more powerful! Great job
LadyWinchester chapter 1 . 12/8/2008
OMG! This is really nice!

Freakin' awesome too since, It totally relates to my story :D
KarmaBoo chapter 1 . 6/1/2007
aw... such a wonderful poem )
Black Ladybug chapter 1 . 12/18/2006
That was beautifully written.

You probably don't remember me... I was one that Schizophrenic elf chick from fantasies long since past. who wrote of stoner wizzards and drunk hobbits... but that was long ago in a place called (who unjustly tore down my Stoners in middle earth story [as bad as it was])

anyway.. loverly poem.
no.peace.los.angeles chapter 1 . 9/7/2006
The end of this poem is so heartbreaking and honest. Gorgeous. The metaphors you've made in this poem are really spectacular. I'm not a huge fan of the title - I don't think it does the poem justice in its simplicity. Great work! Keep writing! :)
RedHairedWriter chapter 1 . 9/26/2005
I love it, It flows so well, and it is so "colourful" really beautiful like a song...
Written chapter 1 . 5/10/2005
oh wow. that was lovely. the words all have the right feeling- some of them so frail, but beautiful. great work!
Zoey7 chapter 1 . 11/23/2004
I enjoyed this poem. It reflects a lot of the feelings I've had before. You described everything very well. It just...flowed. I love it! Your writing manual was also very useful, seeing that I read that also _
Anjeni Windsinger chapter 1 . 8/22/2004
Ah, I've missed reading your poetry. It never fails to astound me, anyway, much like this one here. It reminded me a bit of Les Yeux Violet's poetry, but of course, there's *you* woven into it just the same. My favorite lines were: 'But, like watermarks, they were just a smidge/Too vague to be math-equation certain,' especially the second half, and the last four lines. I love the title too, by the way. All in all, wonderful, beautiful poem you've got here _
Summerdazed chapter 1 . 6/17/2004
you're like, the Da Vinci of poetry!
summerdazed
The Paperback Mummy chapter 1 . 6/3/2004
That was *gorgeous*. EVERY line. "And love was painted Russian Easter-egg" Pure brilliance.
CoolBeans18s chapter 1 . 6/2/2004
Wow... Amazing poem! I love the language you've used in this - your use of imagery and metaphors create a mystical quality. It really takes your breath away, this! The flow and rhythm were also wonderful! Brilliant, brilliant work!
~ CoolBeans18s
Avory chapter 1 . 5/7/2004
*in absolute awe*
~
This is one of those poems I'd imagine in my AP Literature book and hope for the day I can analyze it until my Heart's Content. Again, you have a charming diction that appeals to me, draws me in, and catches me within its web of beauty. I love words, and J, you have truly expressed the splendor of the English language within the boundaries and limitations of a single poem.
~
You have described love efficiently and effectly, capturing the uplifting joy upon the jetsam of cloud nine and the inevitable fall into the remnants of stardust leftover from the void of a black hole. Absolutely incredible! Look at me, I'm just *gushing*!
~
"Spring's Sweetness" is oddly reminiscent of the beautiful language of Byron, Wordsworth, or Keats. I love the clauses "golden butterflies," "straying giggles," "math-equation certain," and "toppled from its little golden stand/Much too easily." Just gorgeous... I love love's metaphors: the "watermarks" and the "Russian Easter-egg."
Fantastic.
Marvelous.
I have been struck speechless.
wonky donkey chapter 1 . 4/12/2004
Wow, i havent reviewed any of your stuff in ages. I was out of the country on business, my Grandmother was sick, I just recovered from stress induced colitis. No, actually i have just had terrible amounts of school work, but now I'm back.
This is an awesome poem with so many great pieces.
"Beautiful as the silver moon"
"moved me to the edge of insanity
time and again'