Reviews for Porcelain
Eirien chapter 1 . 6/30/2004
Wonderfully done. Your exquisite choice of vocabulary perfectly expresses that combination of ravishing beauty and coldness/ cruelty/ heartlessness in the person addressed. The feelings of the speaker are present in a very convincing way as well, the omnipotent rage beneath the helpless passion, the temptation to shatter this beauty that "scars" his spirit. The structure is well-composed, starting with the parallel, climactic eyes - lips - blood stanzas and then launching off into his reflections/ outbursts of emotion. The images you employ are amazing, wonderful, each of them helps to paint the whole situation/ nature of the person(s) so vividly for the reader.
You mentioned the connection to Dickens's "Great Expectations", but in fact I was also reminded of Pygmalion and his statue in a way (perhaps because of the fourth stanza and that thought of toppling her to the ground and smashing her). Great work!
Talon Blackwood chapter 1 . 8/16/2003
M, m, m... truly amazing gift you have. Such substance... I bow to you.

This is just... its an outstanding poem... no... that doesnt describe it well... there is no word to describe its glory...

It is... It is God.
Takada Saiko chapter 1 . 6/12/2003
Amazing... Your profile said you are 14? You have a real gift.
Kay Harlow chapter 1 . 6/7/2003
That was a beautiful poem. The words

and meaning held a lot of depth and beauty. You did an amazing job with this poem.
wheresmydopamine chapter 1 . 5/10/2003
Wow.. I am actually speechless right now. The emotions are so intense and the descriptions are full of amazing imagery.. Very romantic, and yet so sad. Aw, this is great.
arkarian-named chapter 1 . 5/5/2003
gee...i wanted 2 reply on that same review...then *opps ou only have one review per story*...too lazy to sign out...i watched the totoro thing too... but you gotta watch princess mononoke. If you like mikyzaki's works. you will absolutely luv that. sighz, been studying too hard...thats why Im scribbling rubbish too. as i said before, this poem is as descriptive. which is good. keep it up! *gambatte*

do msg me on msn or whatever, then we can talk abt stuff...

-gee, Im dying 2 talk about princess mononoke( or whatever lah), guess im really bored studying, loads of tests tmr-
Once in a blue moon chapter 1 . 4/26/2003
oh, that was very good but also very sad. I really got an image in my mind of one of those stone angles and I couldn't get it out. I saw it crumbling and it really was quite moving.

I also read your (rather long...) bio. I absolutly LOVE monty python adn, besides other things, brits in general. it was quite funny to read that bit about likes and such because half of them I agree with!
cosmo-queen chapter 1 . 4/25/2003
This is a very good poem and flows nicely. The descriptions are very well-written. Keep writing :)

*cosmo-queen*