Reviews for Meaningless
the mouse that roared chapter 1 . 5/11/2004
Interesting perspective. The line about not being able to play the piano and the one about him painting the paintings were more poingant (poignant? oh well :) ) for me. And then the "tired and routine/like you/it swept me away/like him" was also good. The end was a little depressing, but not really because it is true... But truth can be depressing. Maybe I'm just having trouble figuring out how to say it. Whatever. Anyway, good poem.
aviatrix chapter 1 . 8/1/2003
i love the lines...oh, where are they...here: "They mean nothing to you. A garage sale, ten dollars, less." that just *cuts*.
Total Confusion chapter 1 . 7/30/2003
I really love this peom. It makes a lot of sense. Just so you know even though I put myself down you read my peom any way even if it was to tell me off.
LadyGawain chapter 1 . 6/27/2003
Wow this is very good. It creates a mood for the old lady.
Lady Ariel chapter 1 . 5/21/2003
Who! You speak Hebrew? COL! I don't. P I'm Jewish, though, so I knew prayers and all... but I only know some words (like five) like kelev (my sister asked my mom what dog was when she was like five so she could name her stuffed animal it) and I really don't know how I'd spell it in English (along with the other four words I know... lol)

My father's decision?

Nope, it was my mom's. She's the more religious one, thinking that it actually matters, and my dad didn't get Bar Mitzvahed because of money issues. My mom lived in Israel for the last two or three years of high school, and now my uncle lives there! Do you still live there? It's awfully pretty there. *nod* I love the hills. _

Daniella! How beautiful. You can't blame all of us with American accents, though... it's our nature to mess up pretty names. _

LOL This is MY Declaration of Indedpendence... I'm sure you'll write another one back to me? xD I'd love that.

Your poem... I could really imagine what she felt like, especially with the soup-stained tablecloth and the dying plant.

Really heartfelt.

Israel! Col.

xD

Lady Ariel (Flower it up some!)
Glastonbury chapter 1 . 5/4/2003
Very good and very powerful. I like this alot. It has a good use of descriptive language.

Good job.