Reviews for Mannequin Me
Meegwun chapter 1 . 5/27/2003
this gave me shivers. another one i want to put on my wall. or somewhere, at least. maybe i'll get it tattood on my back. i think maybe you'd laugh at me then. but still. fun thought, huh? :)
sylph paean chapter 1 . 5/26/2003
ooh. haunting. lovely imagery. bravo and encore!

-jd
Lami chapter 1 . 5/14/2003
wow, last two lines have that close to home kinda feeling. it's good.
jaded but alive chapter 1 . 5/4/2003
another good one, though i think the 'barbie' and 'set free' lines dont rhyme too well. i especially like the last two lines, they remind me of self-mutilation.
sit and stare chapter 1 . 5/4/2003
I LIKE!

ur sonnets are much better than ur haikus. the rhythm is a bit off though, change a few words maybe?
Janne Doe chapter 1 . 5/3/2003
This is a nice poem. Not bad at all. You know, you should keep writing. Maybe it will one day help you find some way to deal with your pain and suffering-like feelings. A form of therepy, ya know?

But you know, a beautful person like me really doesn't know that much about pain and having to use my writing as therepy. 'Cause you know, growing up in a mentally abusive home and just getting out of a sexually abusive relationship isn't exactly what the world defines as pain, is it?

And ya know, I think I might comprehend the pain you must feel, or at least portray in your work here... But what do I know? I don't really know since I'm ignored by society, shunned as a writer by my peers, and since I recently kicked out of my own house... I find a certain stablity, though, in acting like such a perfect person. Shallow people know no pain, you know?

Trinity Heart
Myra Kilgore chapter 1 . 5/3/2003
a really nice poem, not really your worst work, but it is one of the good ones I have seen concerning this type of thought...but you have a nice original style about it.