Reviews for Alien
RNL chapter 1 . 11/22/2003
Wow...powerful...I like your style!
valpincon chapter 1 . 5/3/2003
that's intense, and obviously deeply personal. It makes a lot of sense though. I like it, as it touches a chord - that half awful, half-triumphant feeling of someone being unable to get a reaction out of you physically - even when you wanted them to - knowing that you have control...also the comparison with the first pleasure and how it becomes familiar and thus less...everyone is introverted and alone in this culture, sex is just one aspect of this and this poemsums that up splendidly. Puts me in mind of this quote I read once..

"There is a horrifying loneliness at work in this time...in these high buildings dispassionate souls hover in luxurious privacy, gazing through a televison window at a faraway world of kissing and touching. It is bound to produce some new level of human awareness, a curious scepticism, to be so alone."

The Queen of the Damned, Anne Rice

* * *

Also poem put me in mind of the last time i was in bed with someone and I realised that there was no way our clumsy groping could ever measure up to the love in films, the love in novels. We humans can concieve of it, this higher love-making and higher love itself, feel it for each other even, but as soon as it is actualised it so often becomes in some way tawdry, in some way self-conscious...okay, now I know I'm rambling! I am sorry, but this has given me a lot of food for thought! splendid splendid poem!