Reviews for Crooked Space Episode 2: Voodoo Chile
WonderWing chapter 5 . 12/16/2009
idk what a repulsor-shute is but, that was brilliant! you got such a refined style... keep it up fella!
WonderWing chapter 2 . 12/16/2009
"One always begins in the right spot but never finds what he's looking for. And only after every other possible location has been exhausted, does he return to his point of origin, finding what he was looking for in the first place."

That was like the first voice I've heard in your writing so far. I think that's what it's been missin- it has a grip of style but there's very little being put OUT there, ya feel me? I wish it had more of this. More conclusions ya know. I wanna feel that connection!

heh I must sound ridiculous. Anyways I'm clinging to this piece, it's so damn good. It's better than a manga, anyways. It really paints that vivid of a picture for me. Like I said, some thought here and there would be nice. Something not to do with just the story... or the character's background... i'm sure u get what i mean by now.

Keep it up mayne!
W.S. Colon chapter 1 . 1/12/2009
This is my review for Crooked Space Chapters 1 & 2. Truth be told I'm impressed by the grit in the story. It reminds me of a crime noir in the sense that the author puts you right in the thick of conflict. The government agency feel is also a blast to read about. Many a comparison come to mind, Men in Black for instance, but for all intent and purpose I believe that this story stands on its own as a compelling read, give or take a couple of typos. I like the atmosphere, the journey the author takes you on the moment you start to read. I recommend this as a must read for any sci-fi fan looking to see some of the old ideas of fiction implemented with new and fresh paradigms.
MiroFTW chapter 5 . 1/27/2004
ahh good chapter. i felt that mouko coulda done a whole lot more than smack Blood out the window.
hmm im waiting for this Keln character to develop more. feel that he's gonna play a bigger role later.
as for mouko, i dont think we've seen the last of him. i want to see him in true action..
ahh great chapter though. good episode. conjunction is drawing just a bit closer and i cant wait until you finish all the episodes.. or your next chapter for that matter..
keep up the good work!
shipposan chapter 1 . 1/22/2004
haha.. thanks for all the suggestions. i revised the name "consortium" to "the overseers" and ISDA to the ISS but i actually haven't changed it in the fp story yet. but thanks for the suggestions. can't wait for your next chapter.
MiroFTW chapter 4 . 1/20/2004
ah.. finally got to read this. took me a while to refresh my memory on what was happening but i finally got it down.
you're probably hearing it from everyone, but it's classic bebop style story. im loving it so much.
I liked this chapter alot and it's really got my adrenaline rushing.
I'm waiting for Mouke and Mike to work side by side or some reappearance of Hunter where he saves Mike's ass or something of the sort.
anyways, keep up the good work.
Da Muffity chapter 1 . 1/20/2004
Wow, nice fic. Cowboy bebopish, definitely...god I love that , I still have to read the rest of it, but I'm submitting this review so you can get on my favorite authors list.
shipposan chapter 4 . 1/20/2004
im making this anonymous because it's not really a review. thank god you're back because i love your writing and it's been a really long time since you last updated.
the cowboy bebop flavor and your own style of writing makes this piece incredibly well done. i haven't read your new chapter yet because of time constraint but i'll make sure i'll take a look at it when i have the time.
oh yeah.. i sorta 'borrowed' your ISDA for my story :D hope you don't mind too much. i just loved the sound of it so much that i had to steal it...
anyways, hope you continue with this story. love your writing.
-shippo
Master Chief chapter 4 . 1/19/2004
Glad to see you back! Have things calmed down for u a little bit? I certainly hope so.
Whew!
I was beginning to wonder if you were ever gonna update this. Your new installment didn't disappoint in the least. It had a very Cowboy Bebop-ish feeling to it and reminded me of that episode with spike at odds with that cowboy bounty hunter guy. Such a kick ass fight in the warehouse. Again, i'm glad that you're back and I hope that you won't make us wait another 4-6 months for the next chapter. I'm anxiously waiting for more.
M.C.
Cyan Fields chapter 3 . 7/29/2003
This is great - I read through all the chapters at the speed of light. Michael is my kind of hero (smooth men, no thanks, I like a bit of unpredictability in my guys). Don't leave me in suspense, I really want you to go on with this - you are going to post some more soon, aren't you...?

P.S Thanks for your review - All comments gratefully received. In answer to your question, yes, Welcome to the Machine is taken from the Pink Floyd song - Great band, great music, and I work just a few streets away from the crazy diamond himself.
MiroFTW chapter 2 . 5/28/2003
so he knows about the sniper. interesting... hmm onto the next chapter. the action is building up..
MiroFTW chapter 1 . 5/28/2003
lol so good you continued this story. mike is back in action with the isda and the conjunction mystery continues once again..

you approached the episode as a flashback this time. a different style which is really interesting. well since you have only episodes, its easier for you but im interested to see what happens next. time to read more..
Bakedo no Hikage chapter 3 . 5/27/2003
Hey, I like this a lot, man! Nice story. Please do continue writing. BY the way, please check out my series, the 2986 Escape series. I'm almost done with part 2 now and moving on to part 3. I'll definitely continue reading your fic!

-Bakedo no Hikage.
Master Chief chapter 3 . 5/24/2003
Out of the frying pan and into the fire. I swear... the more i read the more i picture Spike from cowboy bebop. I love the detail u put into each of your different characters, it makes it interesting as hell. So what's this yosemite sam guy got up his sleeve? Keep it coming.

M.C.

P.S. In case your wondering, the next chapter in my story won't be up for a while... call it a case of writers block...hahaha
KEEO chapter 2 . 5/17/2003