Reviews for Wraith
Eirien chapter 1 . 6/30/2004
Wow. *stands speechless* Absolutely stunning. I LOVE this. You express yourself so awesomely well, make your reader feel what you describe so intensely, it almost sent shivers down my back. Your descripitons are so expressive, they voice so well the feelings you want to express, I cannot pinpoint exactly how you do this, I guess it's the choice of such intense vocabulary paired with the adjectives, or the images you create, all of this. What I perhaps like best about this awesome poem is the duality: The way you undercut the expectations and show that actually beneath that deadness and wraithlike state there is a scream to be heard and seen, that actually the others are the ones who render the speaker invisible, turn him/ her into a wraith because they are "so blind", because they do not show empathy and compassion, understanding, or at least interest to someone in pain and need. I can really relate to that, and it is a message so dear to my heart. (You might want to have a look at my "Not Unheard" in that context, but I've dealt with that in other poems such as "Crimson Lines" as well).
This poem is going on my favourite story list, and you are going on my favourite authors list. ;-)
Btw, this very much reminded me of a song by Virgin Black - in other words, of Gothic poetry at its best (I regard some song lyrics as poetry). If you're still into literature like this poem of yours, you might like their music/ lyrics as well. (I can give you a link to some downloads if you want.)
Werecat99 chapter 1 . 7/2/2003
On, creepy! Good. I *like*.

Seriously now, I think this was an excellent poem. The images were very intense, even painful, but at the same time possessing a harmony one rarely sees in horror poetry.

As for the ending; just brilliant. It sent shivers down my spine.

Good work. I really liked it.
insanemonkeyboy chapter 1 . 7/1/2003
brilliant... I like the theme, the style... everything... great job
wheresmydopamine chapter 1 . 5/8/2003
OOh, creepy. Nice use of words, great imagery. Too bad the stanzas don't work, I get that too.. All in all, excellent poem!
wonky donkey chapter 1 . 5/8/2003
Congrats that was excellent.

The use skillful words too.

I really liked it
RavenPhoenix chapter 1 . 5/8/2003
hey

Yay another review! wow.. ur lucky i was online when u put in ur review... ur truly amazing... im not lying! i actually suck at this and i can only write when im depressed (the one u just reviewed was the first 1 i wrote since December so i think im doing pretty good) if u ever wanna chat and have Yahoo messenger u can add me at kali_1320 or if u have msn messenger u can add me by my email addy... id love to chat with you and im on a lot :) thnx for the review :):):):):)