Reviews for Eye of the Beholder
Lieschen chapter 5 . 6/3/2003
Amazing...I am speechless.

ELise
Sonata chapter 5 . 6/3/2003
o...i love this...i love these last few lines: Among dehydrated surface occupants,

But instead share intimate secrets

With those bursting from excess water-fat

In the darkened underground

About love’s lecherous leeches

And you.

i love the way you manipulated the simple contrast between the two worlds: dry vs. wet and used the difference for a deeper meaning~i absolutely love the line "love's lecherous leeches"...drinking the blood, the moisture out of love~that is so cool!~

although im sure the meaning goes about 20 feet deeper than its surface meaning...i was never great shakes at poetic analysis...so this is quite a pathetic and feeble attempt at such~but it was a brilliant poem!~i could hav never even fathomed the thought of using sand with such symbolism!~let me just say that im in awe of both your analytical and poetic prowess...you are truly amazing with words...and you are so personable...and incredibly helpful...i cant even hold a quill to you~...when you get published i will be 1st in line at your book signing~

and might i thank you deeply, from the bottom of my heart for your incredibly wonderful and uplifting reviews~your encouragement and advice prove not only your beauty with words...but your beauty as a person~ ne way...update soon...and PLEASE keep writing!~

Seals~

Nata~
not sure yet chapter 5 . 6/3/2003
whoa..im beginning to think all these are gonna have that affect on me, anywayz, another incredible poem here, love the imagery and just really brought me to the point, very descriptive and emotional, intense but not too much so, really love this, beautifully done
Dirty Wallpaper chapter 4 . 6/2/2003
*escapes clutches of exams for a second...*

helo

wow once i again i died reading this poem, i died the first time i read it and now the 100th time i died again...you never cease yo amaze :D

anyways i think this would have have to be the best one so far out of the series, i dont know why, but i think it was just your wonderful images like for example "Stabbing you with ice-needles as you trudge your way to Hell" and also my favourite line, was "hell was your doorstep" fabulous!

and then the last line sort of hits you out of the blue like, whoa...it just leaves you hanging in a crimany i think ill just obsess about that for a while way, if you get my drift.

sorry it took so long for me to review, but it jsut made your poem even more beautiful so dont worry, anyways back into my big hole of no life, kudos chica
The Black Rider chapter 4 . 5/30/2003
Excellent. You wrote this with such passion and frustration. It was amazing. Keep it up.
Psycho-kyugurl chapter 4 . 5/29/2003
Supreb writing skills! Breath-taking and certainly captured my attention. Great job dear friend!
Jimmy Jazz chapter 4 . 5/28/2003
Excellent, truly brilliant piece of work once more. I LOVE THIS SERIES OF POEMS! WOW!
Sonata chapter 4 . 5/28/2003
i return to review!~exams are over and i am free! (free! free! smeagle is free!)~*clears throat*~...your last two entries are an incredibly wonderful complex mixture of dynamite and gold (o another phrase i like *scribbles down phrase* it seems you bring out my best sentences)~

moving on...

i liked "lips"~it was an overall lightly themed poem but worded with wonderful depth to it (your very good with depth)~i like the line "naive canyons meet"~an excellent description of the famous 1st kiss~

Ice-Needles...the very title itself sends shivers...i love that title...an absolute eye catcher, very intriguing~the poem was absolutely beautiful~i like the way you allowed the reader to draw from their own experiences of "Hell"...and then added your own at the end~i normally find "author-reader relation poems" awkwardly worded with bad transitions, but yours was very gracefully and artfully done~i especially loved the line "Stabbing you with ice-needles as you trudge your way to Hell"~it reminded me of the Holocaust...a very vivid picture~i LOVED it~

*sigh* very sorry it took me so very long to review...stupid exams~however i look ever forward to next weeks entry!~

Seals~

Nata~
not sure yet chapter 4 . 5/27/2003
wow, another extremely beautiful piece from you, well, in a dark way, which i like, it sort of starts short, gets long, then short, meaning line length, thought that was interesting and good cause it really drove in the last lil part there, which makes it, yet again, some powerful stuff, interesting imagry, not a lot but just enough for flavoring and tons of emotions and just so many weird ideas and meanings kinda went racing through my head on this one that im not going to relate them all to you but i do have to say that it defintely was an interesting poem, muchly enjoyed, favorite lines..well, they all were, but liked best, "Through which a breeze in disguise carried out to me the/Sordid, repugnant stench/Of her perfume." or basically the ending, really loved that part, found it very interesting, anywayz, again, beautifully written, nicely done
Lieschen chapter 4 . 5/27/2003
Once again, perfectly amazing. I loved the line, "and the sun in your sky is blood-red instead of canary-yellow". Sounds awesome. Thanks for all your encouraging reviews, you always put so much effort and heart into them, and they are very helpful. Super writing !

ELise
not sure yet chapter 3 . 5/26/2003
wow, now this is very interesting i think, at first its just describing lips in a a very different way, but then that end part, i love twists, lmao, anywayz, the space between hearts widen, that could mean that their kinda getting farther apart and its weird cause normally a kiss means some closer bonding, but then again if you think about it, if its not suppose to happen, that those feelings arent the right ones it really does push people away, i could be wrong though, love a lot of the ideas i got from the imagry too, very sensual yet interesting, "Wrinkles of youth, lacking wisdom/Bursting with feeling," kinda gives a personality to it and then with waves and Cupid's bow, and yea, i really love this, the whole series lmao, sorry about the rambling, just telling you what i got from it though, very pretty poem, not as poetic, not really the right term but yea, as some of your other ones but still just as beautiful and interesting, well written too, love the one line words, always found though muchly fun to play around with, excellent job!
Lady of the Moon chapter 2 . 5/24/2003
This is quite good. The imagery made you picture everything. The end made it perfect!

Asta Chantrea Orra
Jimmy Jazz chapter 3 . 5/24/2003
Yes, another update. Excellent job here jewel. Inspiratioal poetry. Excellent.
The Black Rider chapter 3 . 5/24/2003
This is turning out excellently. Sorry I've been gone for so long...you know, temporary insanity, bloodshed, swords, all does a lot to you. Anyway, this last one is my favorite so far, especially when the two figures kiss. That was very powerful. Great job.
Dirty Wallpaper chapter 3 . 5/22/2003
yay, new chapter...i am so loving this series, its so descriptive and is never really about one thing...so i loved teh very end of the poem when you related it to another person...so meltingly sweet, and sad at the same time.

you got the whole description of the lips perfectly, and i could totally imagine them in my mind...it was really weird actually because it was like these reallysexy lips on darkness, way cool picture.

my fav lines were...

"Yawning over flesh and being yawned over;

"Modeled after Cupid’s bow" how did you come up with that...loved it!

"Even as waves curve atop the ocean,

So your upper lip curves atop

The undercurrent of your lower one" - really cool comparison to the ocean, great choice.

"So that when naïve canyons meet,

The space between our hearts

Cannot help but widen." - wrapped it up nicely.

this was a great chapter, kudos :)
165 | « Prev Page 1 .. 7 8 9 10 11 Next »