Reviews for Eye of the Beholder
The Inklings Reborne chapter 1 . 9/24/2003
wow...a sonnet...and a good one at that...I love how you followed a theme of describing eyes...all the while setting it up for infinate double meanings...could have used a bit of work on the meter to make it a bit more iambic, but still...very well done...I like how the rhyme is not very obvious...

.:Demosthenes:.
The Black Rider chapter 19 . 9/24/2003
Another fantastic addition to a fantastic anthology.
artemis astralstar chapter 19 . 9/24/2003
the line pink-blooded scares me more than the rest of this poem, i dont know why. good poem. keep it up.
not sure yet chapter 19 . 9/23/2003
o, wow, this one, is by far, my favorite poem of this series so far, i cant even put into words what this poem does for me, especially considering im probably the worst insomniac, i love every single freakin line of this one, there's no way i can possibly pick out a favorite line, seriously, the beginning just grabbed something behind my heart but before my throat and i was caught..."On the eve of loneliness," an extremely interesting way to start a poem, and i dont know, i have so much to say on this one, but i seriously can not even begin to put it into words.."Like the gold and pink-blooded assassin/She truly is." holy, like i cant tell you how hard that hit me, and hell, all of the imagery and wording, yea, i dont know, i seriously love this, fucking incredible, awesome, out of this world...no words to describe it, just beautifully done, and yea, ill leave you alone now
not sure yet chapter 18 . 9/23/2003
o, very kool and clever, muchly like this one, never was any good at haikus, you did an excellent job
Jimmy Jazz chapter 18 . 9/22/2003
lol, great author's note. These are amazing, as usual, fantastic work on these, they are just... fantastic. That's all I can describe them as.
The Black Rider chapter 18 . 9/19/2003
Wow, that was incredible. A lot of ambiguity in one single haiku...I just love that. I sort of wish you hadn't told us the meaning, but that's okay.
Dirty Wallpaper chapter 18 . 9/18/2003
lol...i made a mistake...

i read teh comment forst

LOL i know!

im terrible

damnit.

beautiful, very delicate, i really loved the second line...just very saddeningly lovely. kudos!

though im still very pissed off with myself, im so terrible!
willowzbitch chapter 1 . 9/12/2003
perfection, i cant believe what im reading i am in total awe, i feel my eyes are not fit to even glance upon your work, you have an amazing way with words...they flow so freely. damn you im really envious, i hope one day i have a talent close to yours, but the talents you behold cant be learnt they are gifts...now with the review.

As in those two rings of dazzling sapphire

That, like blue glass, reflect in recompense

these two tiny lines had me hooked and drooling at the imagery, it just seems to roll through my mind...sigh i feel the envy rising again...oh well, i better go im adding you to my favorites kind of meek, you deserve some sort of award for this...ok i better go before im turning green...
Dirty Wallpaper chapter 17 . 9/12/2003
once again another *intriguing* chapter, and once again a very weird twist at the end, i would never have thought. i mean at first i was all like...hm car crash? and then i was like huh?...and then it was kinda like...americas?...TOURISTS! lol, quite an adventure i dare say, but very intriguing indeed.

i feel very incomplete from reading the poem *mayeb i shou;ld leave an in complete review to go with the incompete mood, hmm?* due to all the halfs in there, a line which really made me think was "breathing air, half toxic" it brought a series of images to my mind of a clear blue sky with tendrils of black smoke floating around, quite contrasting. "kissing water, half blue" i liked that, mainly because you sued kissing and water in teh same sentance, mauahahaa...ehem.

ok so im a tad happy, i blame the half toxic air, oh well, another fab chapter of one of the best series of fictionpress, kudos my friend.
not sure yet chapter 17 . 9/11/2003
very vivid, almost surreal even though at the end its a very harsh reality, love it though, how it changes from sort a dirty fairytale landish place, to a very real place and situation, muchly enjoyed this, well written, beautifully done
not sure yet chapter 16 . 9/11/2003
o, extremely chilling and dark, love it though, awesome flow and you did pick quite an interesting person to write about, he did some seriously sick shit...like i believe he had the first street lights, by crucifying catholics and then burning them all along the road to his home, but it stopped cause nobles complained of the stentch of burning flesh...at least, i think that was him, well, anywayz, muchly enjoyed this poem either way, dark and powerful, excellent job
The Black Rider chapter 17 . 9/10/2003
Sadly, I don't think you'll be able to include anymore chapters in the description. Still, this was a well crafted poem (as usual) that certainly fits well with this anthology.
artemis astralstar chapter 17 . 9/10/2003
sad, how some people do almost anything for money... well put. keep it up.
Exclamation chapter 16 . 9/7/2003
Excellent. I really enjoyed these, the last line to The Birth of Nero was amazing.

Fascinating.