Reviews for Eye of the Beholder
wonky donkey chapter 3 . 6/17/2003
This is a great descriptive poem.

I like how you say"yawning over flesh and being yawned over"

"even as waves curve atop the ocean,so your upper lip curves atop the undercurrent of your lower one"-that description sounds like the descriptions in the Iliad.

The last three lines are a perfect finish too.

Thanks for all of your great reviews, your giving me a swelled head.

Cheers!
Jimmy Jazz chapter 7 . 6/17/2003
Ahh yes, excellent. So dark, so brilliant. I love it when you update these, I always sit on the edge of my seat until you write another poem. I love them that much. Brilliant job... so dark, like I said. I really need to get a dictionary. I need a unique word for you. You're so great.
The Black Rider chapter 7 . 6/16/2003
This one was really good, as well. Very dark and full of commendable imagery. Great job.
not sure yet chapter 7 . 6/16/2003
wow, now that was just, wow, dark and scary, D.U.I. i took as being driving under the influence, but i could be wrong, i totally had this really sick imagery of a car crash with lots of blood and gore and a soul rising up and seriously, this really got to me, muchly love it, beautifully done in its own dark sad way
Psycho-kyugurl chapter 3 . 6/14/2003
This is great! xD
Psycho-kyugurl chapter 5 . 6/14/2003
Wow again!
Psycho-kyugurl chapter 6 . 6/14/2003
Congrats! Your work are published? Wow!

This poem speaks for itself and it held a special something to anyone who reads it.
Jimmy Jazz chapter 6 . 6/11/2003
Published! Excellent! I think, in my opinion, that the whole collection deserves to be published, excellent work here, devine.
not sure yet chapter 6 . 6/11/2003
wow, just another incredible poem here, the last part is just amazing, love the line,"Drowning in the smell of tire marks" actually, i love them all, very sad and abandoned, loved this, excellent job
Dirty Wallpaper chapter 6 . 6/10/2003
i just ahd a major brainwave - you are one of the few people here on fictionpress who can be considered as a modern shakespeare...seriously, your poems are so beautiful in there own very modern day way *well apart from aries lover but that was just exquisite in its on special way* an amazing poem like this just absolutely CONVINCES me that you are

"You’re gone.

You left with the sunset in a rusted old bingo

With her.

You left me a memory of a smile on a winter’s day

Again."

i love that bit so much *yes i know ive already read it but c mon great memory for great poetry...well i THINIK i have read it, have i?* anyways, the structure i loved, with the short lines at the beginning and then the "at me" near the end, it just strikes you because its so odd out, that it emphasises the departing concept of the poem. the line "drowning in the smell of tire marks" was absolutely brilliant i dont know HOW you come up with these ideas, but truly its jsut a great effect.

the on going underlining of the "leaving her behind" thing i really loved also, i had a clear picture in my head of a girl standing in the middle of the road and watching as her love drove away into the sunset, while she was holding a mag...so so good, magnifico, kudos
The Black Rider chapter 6 . 6/10/2003
Congratulations on your recent publications. This is another excellent poem full of remarkable imagery and words. This is great. I look forward to the rest.
Lieschen chapter 6 . 6/9/2003
Wow...you are such a good writer. Congrats on being published, it is such a great feeling. I loved the line, "drowning in the smell of tire marks." very dreamlike and imaginitive. Awesome.

ELise
Dirty Wallpaper chapter 5 . 6/6/2003
oh thankgod! ~ i thought i was going to die in anticipation ~ now wouldnt that suck.

i never know what to say in reviews, im always speechless for a while after i have read something of yours, let it absorb so i can think of it later at night and go, yes, yes it is possible someone for someone to write such fantastic poetry. every aspect of this poem just captures me with its perfectness, like the last piece to a puzzle, the end line of this poem was so dramatic i almost fell off my chair. truly, it blew me away, not only was it un expected but it was so un explainably sweet and delicate you cant help but sigh. the whole time i was reading the poem i got a sense of egypt, lines such as "Ocean waves spill mysteries at our feet" "In a foreign tongue" and of course "Leaving behind traces of an indecipherable code" in fact the whole first section literally whispered secrets to me of egyption mystery...and i absolutely love egypt.

hm my favourite lines would ahve to be

"Among dehydrated surface occupants,

But instead share intimate secrets"

"In the darkened underground"

the "and you" line was just so powerful in all it implied, it was magnificent.

kudos chica, my glitterjewele fix has now been quenched for now.
The Black Rider chapter 5 . 6/6/2003
It's not one of your best, but it's certainly a cracking good read.
Jimmy Jazz chapter 5 . 6/5/2003
Excellent job here, fantastic work. I love everything you said here, it was completely amazing. I love the way you ended it, those 2 words " And you ". Amazing.
165 | « Prev Page 1 .. 6 7 8 9 10 .. Last Next »