Reviews for Joy Beneath An Empty Sky
Imperia chapter 1 . 4/29/2008
I love this poem! i am an atheist and i completely agree with what you have written. I hate how ppl make atheism out to be evil or pessimistic when really, it is one of the most optimistic beliefs out there. believing in your own self is certainly better than believing that some false being will save you and your "soul" ppl find comfort in believing there is something after death instead of accepting that there has to be an end.
Miss Sweet chapter 1 . 10/3/2006
You Rock. No really, you do.
Tempest Epilogue chapter 1 . 3/3/2004
Nice poem. I believe I agree with you. Though I do believe in a Goddess and a God, they are not those who need be feared, and I do not really believe in sins, or Hell, or places such as that. We make our own choices, and the consequences are punishment enough, I think.
I like the last stanza especialy, it sounds quite nice. :)
~Hencellina
DIEDELETED chapter 1 . 3/3/2004
*claps*
(nuff not said)
Poohbear98366 chapter 1 . 1/20/2004
Wow...this poem was VERY, VERY good. Really gave me something to think about, from a completely different perspective. Excellent job. I loved this poem _
Tessa chapter 1 . 12/7/2003
I like it too!
jkhdasfkjhalshfdkljahdf chapter 1 . 8/4/2003
I like it :)
Loganberry chapter 1 . 5/17/2003
I agree with you more or less entirely, which of course makes it tricky to write any sort of objective review - but who can, on such a universal subject as that of life and death? So here's a subjective one instead...

I've been thinking about death in another context recently, actually, and I actually think that it's comforting to believe, as you do and I do, that the end is just that: the end. As you say, it's generally not death itself that is feared, but what comes beforehand. Death "can be the ending to pain", indeed.