Reviews for Death of a Poet
kaitlyn chapter 1 . 4/3/2004
Why have you never let me read this before? I love it. Very much. You may continue to loathe your inner self and all that she creates, i think she's brilliant.
Just Wolf chapter 1 . 12/9/2003
that was confusing, but beautiful. intoxicating. like the meaning of it was one stop ahead of me all the time and i almost had it at the end but it escaped. i like that a lot. loved this poem.
wow, you quote vladimir nobokov in your bio. he was the guy who wrote pnin, right? and i thought i was the only person who knew he exsisted!
thanks so much for your review of "white moth". v much appreciated!
Grey Mitten chapter 1 . 8/20/2003
this is a really good one. i absolutely love the imagery, like

"My sweat and blood are now diluted,"

and

"I gasp and cough up lies I've woven.

I spit out my dirty deeds,"

the 'eyes' are very well described, especially how they speak. also, the whole concept of the poem, the judgement-before-death sort of thing is beautifully portrayed. hipocrisy is not touched upon too often in poetry. i can't tell you how glad i am to see this poem, and its going on my favorites.

it looks like you did run this thing through spell check (haha..or you're a really good speller, because i can't spell some of these words), but it missed two things as far as i can tell. "thought my pain.." should be "though my pain" and "and the eye's.." should be "and the eyes." again, if this was intentional, then its fine.

once again, great poem.
Shadafakup chapter 1 . 8/18/2003
That was breathtaking..

The emotional breaking down, coupled along with the powerful images, added such intensity to the piece..

I loved some of the descriptions you used.. They were so vivd and clear..

The painful torture of the poet's self-esteem and mind is so well written.. The way you builded up all the tension until it was too mcuh to bear..

Haunting images about the eys.. Its so, chilling to say the least.. And the ending made it even more apt.. IT was great, scary even for the ending was ambiguous enough to make the reader pause for a moment to think it through.. Then it comes, so powerfully.. Amazing really..

Interestin and creative piece.. Quite unique and special in its way..

Good job.. I enjoyed it lots..

~Shadafakup
serasivad chapter 1 . 8/4/2003
It should be laid out a bit more simply but it's got a desperate edge that demands a persons attention. Very nice.

I noticed you quote Nabokov in your bio. Which automatically makes you an absolute genius and gift to mankind!
Siran Awel chapter 1 . 7/17/2003
Sweet poem. Jeez, it creeps me out - but in a good way! The title is right and just appropriate for the poem and I really like it. Good job on this.

-Siran Awel

p.s.

thanks for reviewing my stuff!
C. Hoogkamer chapter 1 . 7/1/2003
_ i'm at a loss for words, really. i donno what to say. but dont worry thats a good thing _~ great job!

~dArLiN69~
wingless chapter 1 . 6/30/2003
i like this as much as an image, as i do as a poem about self discovery. even if it is a bit gruesome, the visions are beautiful in their own twisted way. the idea of the diluted sweat and blood is interesting... i know that feeling

it's strange this thing almost seems like a myth or something, all very unreal especially "Forgive me of my sins." sounds almost bibilical.

anyways great job. i like your stuff the more i read.
Insipid chapter 1 . 6/26/2003
I just adore this writing.

"And my hypocrisy stabs pulling chunks from my soft flesh.

I gasp and cough up lies I've woven."

The overall analogy of the entire thing is just... electric. So powerful, so... my style. Nice!
kcididfnord chapter 1 . 6/5/2003
Wow ... that sent a nice chill up my back. Very vivid imagery ... in fact, this is going on MY favorites list. :) Keep writing - and thanks for the review!
Exiled-Knight chapter 1 . 6/3/2003
that was absolutely beautiful. great images. Keep Writing
Zainab chapter 1 . 5/30/2003
Wicked piece! Love the different aspects in this piece...how you have metaphors, and how it's story-like. Great one!
not sure yet chapter 1 . 5/15/2003
o, nice imagry in this one, its sad and sickening yet not, like the ending, can be taken in two different ways in my eyes, as like god gave release and freedom, a happy ending, or that died and it was an overbearing one...being the pessimistic person that i am, going for the second one, anywayz, awesome job
Eva R. L. Hughes chapter 1 . 5/14/2003
i love it. it's got that air of mystery, i think. it's very good.
SilverRaven chapter 1 . 5/12/2003
Wow this is very good, can't really express my thoughts about it only that it's very good and the wording is...*at a loss for words* told ya i couldn't express 'em. I'll just sit here in awe of your poems. ~SR~