Reviews for To Be A Slave
Pumpkin chapter 4 . 5/8/2006
So sad, but alas so true!I really happy that Annie became free at the end of your story. Did she get married and have kids?When I was in Year 8 we had to write a story on Slavery. Oh boy I was so mad, we only had like 3 lessons about it. It should be a bigger part of the curriculm because it's a really important part of History! Miss told us the max we had to do was 2 pages.I did 12.I did the most in the class! And you know what? The teacher didn't give it back! I really want it back damn it! Then maybe I can publish it on Fiction great work! Your story was totally better than my one!Keep writing!Pumpkin x
vkitty chapter 4 . 5/20/2003
This is a very good story, it shows the point of view that this woman had about being owned like that and not being able to do many things. *clicks faves* yep, definitely faves!
Nitta chapter 3 . 5/16/2003
This story is very impressive. And to have written in it your 8th grade, wow, that must've really blew the teachers away! It's quite sad to have to work as a slave at such a young age...and to have been whipped, it was probably awful. I think you showed a point of view some people haven't seen in slavery. Good work!
Jen chapter 1 . 5/14/2003
Mel- thats great! I love it. Rosy and I did a song for our project, but what u wrote is so much better! Love ya- Jen
Mimikins chapter 1 . 5/13/2003
I liked this but this is so sad.

I guess that's the nature of slave stories.
AndForAMomentIAmHappy chapter 1 . 5/13/2003
This is sad, it's so true also