Reviews for That Butch
Musicmakesmehigh chapter 1 . 1/15/2010
This remind me too much of my self. Wonder why I keep on hanging on to her? Awesome style by the way.
May Elizabeth chapter 1 . 9/13/2009
This was really well-written and made me think of all the butches in my life: best friends, lovers, exes, and crushes. I hope to read more of your stuff. :D
mo chapter 1 . 9/16/2007
um this explains me to the bone and im even in love with a wanna be str8 girl whos boyfriends fuck her over and i know i never would but this matches me so well its scary lol but i like this...this is one of them stories that like bring me n\back to myself
Matthews chapter 1 . 8/25/2007
I love this. To death. I can relate to a lot of it, which is nice, because I honestly do that less and less with literature these days. I'm going to pass this on to a few friends and I bet they'll like it just as much. Keep on writing! You rock.
ThisCut-UpAngel chapter 1 . 7/19/2005
Beautiful! Almost saddening in a way, but there is a point of happiness peaking through I believe. . congradulations on a wonderful piece!
Rose Devin chapter 1 . 4/26/2005
Quite honestly... I'm stunned. I've never read anything so... so very... honest. It was a little scary to read. It sounds so much like something my girlfriend would say. It's very good. Keep writing, please. *oh, and thank god there is someone else on this site who writes Butch/Femme*
Chistery chapter 1 . 4/15/2005
Very, very good. You got across a strong emotion quite well. I congratulate you.

Chistery
Antony At Last chapter 1 . 3/1/2005
I am not quite sure what to say. That was too beautiful for words. I've never known a lesbian, I have a best friend who is most definately bi, and most defiantely butch, but I suppose at this all your attention is focused on homophobia, not love. It hurt to read this, but in a good way. Like when you heart aches for that stranger on the evening news. Just wanted to give you a little on-line hug...
Pirate Bathsheba chapter 1 . 2/23/2005
I like the underlying insecurity of the piece-sure, that butch is strong and handsome and kind and good, but she's still stuck in a one-sided love. She can't stop being the "nice guy"; for whatever reason she doesn't see her own goodness etc. until she is loved in return. We'd all love to be our own centers, but maybe we can't.

That being said, this comes across as misogynistic in that the femme only has value insofar as her relation to the butch. Furthermore, that butch seems pretty caugt up in male gender roles. She's a lesbian and a woman, but aside from the pronouns she could be your stereotypical man who's insecure about his masculinity and is too weak to either initiate or leave relationships.
Kyoko Yumenaka chapter 1 . 1/16/2005
That was one of the best stories I have read on this site.

And it was so true. I am that same type of butch, and that same scenario is going on with me right now.

Absolutely true about the crying, as well.

Superb job.
a lil black dress chapter 1 . 1/4/2005
I loved it. I really did. While I'm not a butch myself, (I'm a lipstick lesbian, go figure...) I just...I loved this story. It doesn't matter if you're straight or gay to enjoy it. What it matters is the end. What it's like: the discrimination of butches.

I'm saving this story to my favorite stories list. And that is very rare. Thank you for educating me on this subject, you're a wonderful writer.
I Myself chapter 1 . 1/1/2005
This was both well-written and informative. I've read lots of slash, but the femmslash all seems to be about two completely feminine girls. It's good to know that there's another side to the issue.
Boys For Sale chapter 1 . 11/19/2004
Great voice, great story. A nice point to it, as well. I like the idea of it. It's quite sad. By the way, I love your bio. My friend likes your glasses. (As do I.) Peace.

-boy
Krystal chapter 1 . 8/28/2004
Wow.. That story was like.. er touching.. very nice.. I review it.. Great.. :-).. and I totally understand.. bc.. Im a lesbian as well.. not wuite bitch though...
Angerona15 chapter 1 . 4/5/2004
Don’t worry. I don’t know what the hell “commitment issues” are either.
However, I do know that this was interesting and I really enjoyed it. I’ve definitely never read anything like it. (I mean that in a good way!)
I want a butch like this!
38 | Page 1 .. Last Next »