Reviews for Accept Homosexuality
Violet-Mercy chapter 1 . 2/26/2010
Wow, this is really cool. Thanks for writing this, it warms my heart to know that somewhere people understand.
Twilight Emo Wind Goddess 801 chapter 1 . 6/28/2008
TEWG: I FEEL THE SAME WAY. I THINK I USED TO BE A HOMOPHOBE. I THINK. I NEVER SAID THE "F" WORD BUT I THINK I WAS A HOMOPHOBE. ONE DAY I WAS READING A FANFICTION ABOUT "NARUTO" AND SASUKE AND ITACHI ACCIDENTALY KISSED. DIDN'T HAVE A PROBLEM WITH IT. BUT THEN I READ "A Man After Midnight", A BEYBLADE FANFIC AND I SAW HOMOSEXUALITY DIFFERENTLY. AFTER THAT I EXPERIMENTED WITH KINGDOM HEARTS (IT JUST CAME OUT) AND I WAS STILL INTO HETROSEXUAL PAIRINGS SO I PUT "KAIRI" AND "SORA" INTO THE CHARACTER SPACE. I COULDN'T FINISH ANY OF THE FIVE THAT I CLICKED ON. THEN I EXPERIMENTED WITH "RIKU" AND "SORA" AND I FOUND MYSELF ENJOYING EVERY ONE I READ. THE GOOD THING ABOUT ACCEPTING HOMOSEXUALITY IS LEARNING HOW TO "COME OUT OF THE CLOSET". SINCE I WAS IN FIFTH GRADE I KEPT IT IN. I FOUND MYSELF STARRING AT GIRLS WAY TOO LONG, IMAGINING KISSING GIRLS, AND /MARRYING/ GIRLS. AFTER ABOUT FOUR YEARS KEEPING IT IN, LAST YEAR I FINALY CAME OUT AND MY FRIENDS WERE ALL RIGHT WITH IT. I STILL HAVEN'T CAME OUT TO MY FAMILY YET. I GUESS I'M AFRAID CAUSE ALMOST EVERYONE IN IT IS A HOMOPHOBE. I GUESS I DON'T WANT TO LOSE THEM. MAYBE ONE DAY I'LL COME OUT TO THEM.

801: Unlike TEWG's huge review, this was great and this should be spread out everywhere!

P.S.: THAT FELT GOOD. GETTING IT ALL OUT. :)

TEWG & 801
Lady Halaia chapter 1 . 8/4/2007
This is a very well written opinion piece. Often it seems that the only reason people give for hating homosexuality is because in religion it's wrong. Of course, in the New Testament the 10 Commandments are supposed to be replaced with 'Love thy Neighbour' yet people don't do that very well.

I am a big fan of live and let live, not flaunting what you are. Of course, I don't apply this just to those who are gay but to everyone - any public display of affection squicks me, I was brought up to believe that that sort of thing is private and should be kept as such. Of course, I'm not saying people should hide it, if that's who someone is, that's who they are and they can't change it.

It does, however, really annoy me when people act violent and unaccepting to anyone who is different, due to colour or orientation or religion or race. That's prejudice and the only people I will ever believe deserve severe punishment, on top of the punishment for the original crime of assault or homicide or whatever, are those who commit hate crimes. And ones that are almost State sanctioned (I have noticed lately that places in America are incredibly biased and that worries me) are even worse, because it gives people the idea that that sort of thing is acceptable, to be encouraged even.

What scares me is the amount of people who would rather pretend that hate crimes and prejudice doesn't exist. It makes me wonder what sort of people inhabit our world.

When someone like you is brave enough (and it is brave, to say that over the internet where a lot of people will see it and read it, in fact intending for people to do so) to say soemthing out loud and in a non-aggressive way (and this isn't aggressive but well thought out) it is a good thing to do. I certainly swouldn't be able to. Even writing this review pushes me to my limit of speaking out.

I congratulate you.
Shot the Sheriff chapter 1 . 6/21/2007
Thank you.

There is so much hate in this world when there doesn't need to be. How can a religion tell you to love everyone, but if a man loves a man or a woman loves a woman, it's a sin? It's backwards, it's hypocritical.

Gay people do not choose to be gay, sorry kiddos. Why would someone CHOOSE to be slandered against and hated and outcast? It's not a phase, it's not just changing your hair color, and since no one likes it you just change it back. It is proven genetically that people who are homosexual are that way from birth.

And even if it weren't; what's wrong with loving someone? I mean, divorce rates are depressingly high, there's wars and genocides going on constantly, and local murderers are on the loose. And for some reason, the fact that a man and a man or a woman and a woman love each other is considered a horrible, terrible sin, and the top priority of the US government is to make sure that these people can't get married, simply because they were born different.

Sometimes people just aggrivate me to no end.

Sorry for ranting. An excellent essay indeed, and a way to shed some light on an often misconstrued topic.
Endless Nightmares chapter 1 . 1/31/2005
Hello- I really enjoyed this. I'm bisexual, and it's kind of hard to walk around in my school, knowing that most of the school is filled with homophobes. I am who I am. I am not going to change who I am as a person, because I enjoy living the bisexual lifestyle.

Yes, I'm bisexual and proud of it.
Namir Swiftpaw chapter 1 . 2/18/2004
Go you!

Seriously...this is awesome. I wish I had seen it sooner.

Keep writing!

Namir Swiftpaw
Kari chapter 1 . 12/30/2003
Very nice opinion piece.
Agathy chapter 1 . 12/5/2003
Wow, this is really good opinion writing. I enjoyed every bit of it, and I agree with you. I can't say it's any more or less right than heterosexuality, though. Even though I often act like a "fag hag" (in my definition, a female that likes gay males), I truly feel that it doesn't matter what a person's "classification" or "orientation" of any kind is...I just care about what's inside. Great viewpoints, and I wish more people were as open-minded as you are.
Qew99 chapter 1 . 9/20/2003
That was really really beautiful.
Allorian chapter 1 . 9/14/2003
I totally agree with you. I can't understandwhy people keep on complaining and complaining about homosexuals. If they don't like or agree with it, why can't they just ignore it? It's none of anyone's business if someone is gay/straight/bi.
FaceOfNo1 chapter 1 . 8/18/2003
I totally agreed with what you just wrote. It makes me sick to my stomach when I hear that a person could actually kill someone because they like someone of the same gender.
Aida-Hoshi chapter 1 . 8/15/2003
wow.

I totally agree with you. I mean I have a gay best friend of my own who I love and people do really judge what they don't know.
David Hal chapter 1 . 8/15/2003
Ok, so I read this and I got to thinking, why is the Catholic religion so important? (I'm Catholic) It's become somewhat of a shadow of itself, what with the sex-scandals rocking the church. I'm gay and I write slash stories because honestly to me m/f stories seem bland and uninteresting because you know what can happen, there's no surprises and they don't have to deal with society in itself.

People can sit in front of their bibles reading how being a homosexual is a sin, that its one of God's rules or whatever, but God did not write the bible, not even close, not even Jesus wrote it. His disciples did, and the last time I checked they were men. People say the gosples were written when the Holy Ghost wrote through the men, but that goes against the religion because I don't believe ghosts are supposed to be believed in since they deal with witches and that sort of thing.

I think what I'm trying to say is that religion is a man made creation to sustain our sanity. Its a cushion to land on when we face death. For those out there who think I don't believe in God, you're wrong I do, my point is that I don't believe in the Christian God, I certainly believe that its out there somewhere. But human prejudices are just that, human, don't hide behind religous text for your hate, because its hate. Man kind is going to hell no matter what because we're killing each other, because we murder our wives and children and please don't say that it has nothing to do with homosexuality because homosexuality is sometimes considered a bigger sin than murder.

Gays don't deserve all the bull shit that's thrown our way because the last time I checked we never did anything but exist. Of all of mankinds evils I don't think any of them have ever been homosexuals, not Hitler or Stalin. Need I remind you all of how human hatred has gotten the better of us? More than 6 million Jews, gays, cripples and gypsies were killed during World War Two. We've already been punished, so just keep your shit to yourself if your homophobic. It's hard enough being gay, but its even harder when the world is trying to keep you a prisoner.
Lya S chapter 1 . 7/21/2003
yo there, akemi.

umm, well, first off, i guess i should mention that i think this was a well-written piece.

mm, the whole gay thing brings up a lot of mixed feelings in me. i mean, on the one hand, i think it really is religiously wrong. but on the other hand, i dont think it's fair, or serves any other point to prejudice against gays, or to start hate-campaigning, or attacking them all the time, even killing them ..!

i guess i am a little old-fashioned, and i still think that something must have gone wrong for anyone who is a gay. i theorise that there is always some reason somewhere as to why someone becomes gay. And i AM right to say BECOMES because i doubt that a two-year old kid thinks to himself 'hey, man, i think for some reason i'm liking that boy kid more than that girl kid'.

The feelings start somewhere, and there must be reasons for it.

I guess what I'm trying to say is ... well, in the end, no form of prejudice is acceptable. A human is a human. I believe that we should definitely accept gays, but i do not think we should encourage it. i still think gays could have been perfectly straight, because i think they found a reason to be gay, and things just carried off from there, until they were convinced that they really did like people of the same sex.

I mean, we can't let ourselves be open to absolutely everything ... Who knows what's next? Sex with animals? What about paedophiles who say they just 'like' children?

And incest?

There has to be limits.

But I don't know. Maybe i'm letting myself get carried away here. I always feel that the world's just gone a bit crazy.

I'm betting people will be telling me to f** off or something, but that's just my honest view.
dark-chan chapter 1 . 7/10/2003
I don't really know what else to say, 'cause I’m feeling like I can just repeat what the reviewers before me (except one) have aleady stated.

I totally agree with your opion on that matter and can't stand closed minded so called human beings ('cause they're not if they treaten other like shit).

But... I also wonder: Are the people where you live really that...uhm... radical? Okay, I'm not naïve mind you and I kinda _know_ that there are a lot of people (far to many) who resent the thought of gays even existing, but frankly... I never met one. -_-'

I mean, I didn't talk with someone other about that topic seriously than my friends from the internet, but sometimes a think I'm surrounded anyway (Or is it just me? _)

My brother for once: He deosn't like homosexuals , but on the other hand, he doesn't like anybody and I think it's more a joke to him. He wouldn't ever shout a gay guy to the ground for the purpose of hurting him.

And the guys from my class for that matter (Okay, there're just five, but that's not the point here): Most of the time there're pretending to be gay, for crying out loud!

I hint at something in that direction and what to they do? Jumping each others lapses!

(unfortunally no kissing,... see me mourning?).

It's all a joke to them of course, but still... I don't think they would suddently jump instead of their lapses a gay mens throat.

Would be kinda hypocritically.

But do you know what's really new to me?

That your gay friend, who was writing yaoi stories, got harassed after the readers found out that he's a guy.

It took me by suprise because I hadn't heard of it before.

That hypocrisy brings my blood to boil. I just can't understand it. Why is thinking about homosexuallity so different from being openly confronted with it. It just isn't going into my head. Maybe I'm really stupid, who knows.

I'm feeling a little bit ignorant, 'cause I've been reading FFs and original stories in the Englisch fandom over a year now and didn't notice. (Of course I've seen some stupid reviews here and there from homophobes, but never from somebody who had been a yaoi lover befor they found out the writer had been a little bit to real for their taste)

Funny is (in a sad way, 'cause it's not topic to lough about):

The gay guys in the amime fandom I spent most of my time before, are being overrun with screaming fangirls, who want to jump them or playing matchmaker.

One of them even said, he sometimes feels like a to cheap prized piece of meat.

Or (because he were recently pounced by a bunch of fangirl and couldn't really breath):

"Once we were running from society, because they wouldn't accept us.

But now were still running."

I loughed so hard.

Maybe the diffenrences of views of homosexuells (I don't want to say here's all suneshine. Sorry if I make that impression. There _are_ homophobes where I live, but too me they aren't a very noticable presence) is because we are from different countries. We kinda _have_ to be more tolerant, because of our history and such...

You don't have to do much to be called a neo-nazi...

But sorry I think I'm babbling and you're probably asleep already *sweatdrop*.

Mata ne